Whats best for YouTube - PC or Laptop

ryansrs07

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi Everyone :D

I'm on the look out for a new PC or Laptop. It will be used for non YouTube things like excel and PowerPoint for my work but a major factor will be YouTube. I currently do most of the editing on my phone (Galaxy S9) due to my PC being ancient, but want to start using either of the about (depending what I choose) as the phone is too small and is limiting what I can do.

So what do you guys recommend and use, (spec of PC and/or laptop be great too if possible).

Thanks in advance. :D:D:D

Madiisuun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
if you’re not doing anything intensive like gaming with high quality graphics honestly a laptop of most varieties will be fine. a pc will generally be better than a laptop but for youtube any differences are going to be minute

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
The question is, do you enjoy working in a desk or out / in bed / wherever? Buy a laptop. The only difference (except specs) is the screen. If you have no problem working in a desk, go with a big.screen PC. If you want both worlds have a laptop plus a big screen in desk :) :D

Reactions: ryansrs07

YouTube4x4

I've Got It
Reaction score
If you are planning on performing the desired tasks mostly from home I highly recommend a desktop pc. You will be able to get a LOT more for your money in terms of specs. I would recommend at least an i5 processor and a dedicated graphics card. For Intel processors I suggest to buy an 8th generation or newer. The jump in performance is significant from the 7th generation or older.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Chemigal_Gaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I bought a HP laptop to do all of my editing on, definitely make sure you have the specs you need to be doing editing and other youtube related things. I also used the Honey extension to get a really good deal on it. Like 50% off or something crazy. The only thing was it got stuck at customs for a while because it was a custom build versus going to Best Buy or other places to buy it off a shelf.

WatchMoses

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you want, you could find a happy medium. If you purchase a monitor, a keyboard, and a mouse to hook up to your laptop so you can enjoy the comfort of a desk. In terms of power, there are many laptops that are powerful, however, the issue is upgradability, when it comes time to get new hardware instead of buying a single piece you'll have to buy a whole new laptop. Ofcourse, the laptop offers more mobility.

PhysicsFreak101

What a Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
First, we need to know a budget, and how you want to be able to use it. Do you get random bursts of inspiration out of nowhere, and need to be able to whip out your laptop and start working, or do you edit videos on a schedule, and need a more powerful desktop experience. Also, are you looking into a budget of $500, $750, or $1000? We need to know these things before recommending you anything.

Reacts

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi Everyone :D

I'm on the look out for a new PC or Laptop. It will be used for non YouTube things like excel and PowerPoint for my work but a major factor will be YouTube. I currently do most of the editing on my phone (Galaxy S9) due to my PC being ancient, but want to start using either of the about (depending what I choose) as the phone is too small and is limiting what I can do.

So what do you guys recommend and use, (spec of PC and/or laptop be great too if possible).

Thanks in advance. :D:D:D
pc if you game.. Laptop if you do IRL stuff and move around alot or travel