What's a good way to get more subs + views??

What makes a good YouTube channel?

• Total voters

Silas Drake

Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Not trying to sound full of myself, or self-centered, but considering all the effort I put into the videos I produce, I don't really feel like I am getting the credit I deserve on YouTube... So all I ask is for some advice on either how to make my videos better, or how to get myself out there more.

Granted, I have had this channel since 2007, but it's been almost a year since I started uploading constantly on my channel, and I only have 33-34 subscribers... So it kind of bums me out that I put a good bit of time, along with a lot money spent on recording devices/software, just to end up not getting that much attention.

See, I do retro Let's Plays and cartoon drawing howto's on my channel. I don't my videos are bad as far as quality goes, because I use a Hauppauge HD PVR 2 for games, so my videos are in good quality. Also, I used a good quality condensed USB Mic (Samsun C01U) for commentary, so that doesnt sound bad either unless I turn it up too high, which I don't... Usually.

If I could just get some professional (or just even honest) opinions on my channel, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

GaMerdav

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
HD doesn't count. I saw so many 320p videos with millions views and so many 1440p/1080p with 3 views.

So I would say, to gain fast max subscribers : Call of Duty

Seriously in my opinion, the best way is : making video by your own , in HD (its always better : 720p mini) , at least 2 videos per week ... lot of promo - FB, forums, websites etc ; and a smart background.
Hope it was usefull.

Mister Bear

YTT's Parody Making Bear!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Try using a name that is easier to remember! People will find it a lot easier to search you and your videos up on Youtube if you have a short and catchy name ;)

Silas Drake

Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
HD doesn't count. I saw so many 320p videos with millions views and so many 1440p/1080p with 3 views.

So I would say, to gain fast max subscribers : Call of Duty

Seriously in my opinion, the best way is : making video by your own , in HD (its always better : 720p mini) , at least 2 videos per week ... lot of promo - FB, forums, websites etc ; and a smart background.
Hope it was usefull.
Call of Duty isn't really my cup of tea... Mainly because I am horrible at FPS's and I generally don't really prefer those kinds of games... at least not some of them. I am hoping to start uploading more frequent games soon enough, though.

But yeah, I do try to be consistent with uploads. I wasn't planning on making a FB page until I get a bit bigger though.

All good advice, thanks man! Can I ask though what you mean by "a smart background"?

Silas Drake

Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Try using a name that is easier to remember! People will find it a lot easier to search you and your videos up on Youtube if you have a short and catchy name ;)
I did recently make a newer named SilastheRex, but I wasn't planning on using that channel until I could start uploading animations...

I will admit my name now doesn't roll off the tongue too well hahah :p thanks!

Silas Drake

Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
I did recently make a newer channel named SilastheRex, but I wasn't planning on using that channel until I could start uploading animations...

I will admit my name now doesn't roll off the tongue too well hahah :p thanks!

Lawlz

I has it :D
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Upload all vids in HD (720p is fine ^_^)
Entertaining vid to watch. Watch the vid yourself and think if its entertaining or not ;) If the vid wasnt good then i would srsly record all over again a million times till its good :D But thats me xD
2 minimum uploads a week (like gamerdav said ;))
Advertise yer channel (Twatter, facebook,stumbleupon etc.)
Interact with yer subs ^_^ Like maybe asking them a question in the end of the vid ^_^ That way u keep ur subs busy ;)

Thats about it :) Hope this helps a lill bit ;)

Silas Drake

Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Upload all vids in HD (720p is fine ^_^)
Entertaining vid to watch. Watch the vid yourself and think if its entertaining or not ;) If the vid wasnt good then i would srsly record all over again a million times till its good :D But thats me xD
2 minimum uploads a week (like gamerdav said ;))
Advertise yer channel (Twatter, facebook,stumbleupon etc.)
Interact with yer subs ^_^ Like maybe asking them a question in the end of the vid ^_^ That way u keep ur subs busy ;)

Thats about it :) Hope this helps a lill bit ;)
good advice!! thanks a lot!! :)

KGATV

YASSS
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
I think a good way to grow is be professional about your channel.

Here are some things i think help a channel: (im on my phone, so i cant check your channel, so some of these you may already do.)
Have good branding, and stick with it. Don't change your logo/colors/theme every week.
Have a set schedule, and try to upload on that schedule as best as you can.
Be interactive with your viewers, reply to comments, messages. Take suggestions of what they want to see.
Don't spam, or beg for subscribers

That's all I can think of right now, if I think of more ill add it :)

Reactions: Lawlz