What's a good view/subscriber ratio?

Flick Six

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey everyone, I have a question for you guys..

What is a good view/subscriber ratio? So what I mean by that question is what is a good ratio to have for the number of subscribers one has to the number of views one receives. (Example: if someone has 100 subs and they get 10 views the ratio would be 1/10)

Currently, I'm sitting at 100 subscribers on the nose and I average around 25-30 views on my videos. Is that a good ratio to have?

thefourwinds

Reaction score
I'm sure it's different for each channel type. I have about 3k subs right now and I can rely on my each video to get at least 500-1000 views as a baseline. Back when I had 100 subs, I remember my ratio was pretty close to yours. This is for the poorly performing videos as a bare minimum, ie the non-viral or gateways.

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
think it can be different. I have about 290 sub now and I get 100 - 200 views within a 2 week period then w/e videos YT decide to promote lol. like some are 1k some are 600 etc

I get subs naturally but being close to 300 subs, I feel like my videos should instantly hit 200 views...maybe its just me being paranoid...but I do remember being at 20 views avg when I first started about 4 / 5 months ago

Tito Tims Videos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have seen the 10% being said as an average. I am a bit above that as well. I have 2,600 subs but average 500 views. I think it depends a lot on your demographics and community. I have a small niche, of a small niche. But I also have a small, but very active, base. There are people I can count on to watch and comment on almost every vid. But still 70% of my views come from non-subs. The numbers rarely make sense...

Illuminated Nerd

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Some videos get found because your tags & description are very "searchable"... then you end up with a video with a lot of non-subscriber traffic. Some videos are very niche and tend to be mainly watched by your subscriber base. 10% views of your sub count is indeed a number I've seen being thrown around. It depends how consistent & niche your content is compared to the interests of your subscribers. I have a lot of different technology videos, which is a very "broad" category subject... some videos I get 5% of my subs watching, some get 20%. Sometimes I think if I added more cats, I would get more views. My highest traffic video gets magical non-ending "evergreen" traffic every day from recommendations & searches. Your mileage may vary :)

GearGasms

Reaction score
I average probably close to 60% but the % of subs that watch my videos is right around 4%. Or to say, of my views only 4% come from subscribers