What would you change about YouTube?

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
If you were hypothetically in charge and could snap your fingers for any YouTube changes, from visual, terms of service, bringing old features back, and coming up with brand new ones, what would you change?

Personally I would like to see 2 main things,
one - an "im feeling lucky" type of thing on the main page that could warp you to a random brand new video, i would love that :D similar to google search.

two - expansion on youtube genres. I would like to be able to browse the newest uploads from all music channels, or animation, or gaming, anything. They do have a tagged section but it doesn't show you the latest stuff, and often doesn't show smaller videos.
I just think it would be cool to be the first to see videos, and to get brand new content everytime you refreshed that page, it would be cool :) and would also give everyone a chance to potentially get noticed, even if it was a milisecond they were on that page.

Tyhd

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I wouldn't change anything other than actually banning channels that break the terms of service.

Also you can view the latest videos from the search bar if you hover over it.

NotSoMartin

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
They should do a clean-up of alll the fake/spammy videos with literally no meaning, i.e. sometimes when you search for a movie clip it'll have a blank screen telling you to click on a certain link which I'm 99% sure cons you out of your hard earned cash.

Tyhd

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
They should do a clean-up of alll the fake/spammy videos with literally no meaning, i.e. sometimes when you search for a movie clip it'll have a blank screen telling you to click on a certain link which I'm 99% sure cons you out of your hard earned cash.
How did they con you out of your money?

Reactions: NotSoMartin

NotSoMartin

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
How did they con you out of your money?
They didn't get me lol, but it's the sort of website that asks for bank details and says you've won X amount of money. Have to be rather stupid to fall for them.

Tyhd

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
They didn't get me lol, but it's the sort of website that asks for bank details and says you've won X amount of money. Have to be rather stupid to fall for them.
Oh I got you

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
While the "I'm feeling lucky" thing may be fun, it would still warp only to big channels' videos, kinda defying the purpose of randomly picked video.
Agree on the more categories, maybe structured as a tree based structure. The root is a macrocategory (say gaming or DIY) and then there are the various branches (Tutorials, reviews, etcetera)

Mattaxol

Comedic Gamer and Professional... sh*t
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I wish they made it easier for smaller channels to have a chance at exposure. Have a section for "YouTubers under 100 Subscribers" "YouTubers under 1000 Subscribers" "YouTubers under 10,000 Subscribers" etc that show the most recent videos for those genres or something. I just wish YouTube would do something about exposure for smaller channels with potential, everyone's always focusing on the huge YouTubers now it's like YouTube is so saturated that there is such a low percentage of a chance of gaining exposure by not spamming in comments. YouTube needs to realize that smaller channels that have talent are buried by the huge numbers of random content thrown out there. Every network I've ever seen doesn't ever give anyone a chance of exposure, either. They just claim they "Help small YouTubers gain exposure" but never actually do, which bugs me, and I wish there was some kind of network or YouTube feature that allowed small talented channels to stand out, so hopefully someone implements something sooner or later.

Reactions: GameFreakTV12