What would you Catagorize an "Opinion piece" as on youtube?

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
As the title suggests I had a very interesting conversation last week that inspired me to do some creative writing thats a bit outside my remit. Its an opinion piece on why I feel Video tape is a relevant format in the 21st century (Stay with me on this...xD)

But im struggling to figure out what catagory to put it in...and looking up other peoples videos for examples hasnt really helped much...I've narrowed it down based on the tone and content to a handful. On the one hand I'd say it should be in "Film and animation"...but then its not strictly either of those as it has more in common with a vlog than it would an actual film. One of my close friends on youtube catagorizes his videos into "Entertainment" but I feel my video might be somewhat neglected in that catagory and my friends videos never seem to get a tremendous amount of traction there...then theres "Education" which...i'll be honest; i'd feel like a bit of a fraud posting it in there...it has educational elements (I talk about the history of tape) but thats not really the point of the video...I'd consider it insightful. but insight and education are two different things.

Finally; People and blogs...which I kind of feel drawn to. but again Im wondering whether that might be a bit misleading considering while it does have bloggy elements and it is quite personal to my own thoughts its not your standard blog...

So I guess Im asking. where you'd consider putting an opinion piece in terms of catagories if it wasnt intentionally funny but might be interesting? :)

#Loooongpost

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I know you don’t want to put it in the entertainment category but I feel like that or the fim category fits more than the people and the blogs category.

Reactions: TYTD