LOCKED - What would cause such a drastic Drop in Estimated Revenue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollyweird Teens

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you agree EMP is affected by the number of ads watched in a video, then you shouldn’t have a problem believing that EMP can be greater than Views

Here’s how I spaced the ads

77K guys watched, 82K ads were viewed
[DOUBLEPOST=1515996294,1515996151][/DOUBLEPOST]
Kenyan
Kenyanese is not an English word, but suffix -ese points to some nationality elsewhere such as Japanese,Chinese,Burmese....so I grabbed it:)
You have to take into consideration that 1. just because you monetize your video DOES NOT MEAN that EVERY video gets ads put on them. So there's that already. You said most of your viewers are American, you know, the ones with all the adblocks and no patience for a 15 second ad. Then, you said yourself only 40% of your video was watched. Don't you think at all that that high EMP seems a little far fetched? Think about yourself when you are watching youtube videos...you know you don't watch the ads. and most other people do not, either![DOUBLEPOST=1515996629][/DOUBLEPOST]
yes. that was understood. Just wondering because you are stubborn like my nigerian husband and children. lol

You have to take into consideration that 1. just because you monetize your video DOES NOT MEAN that EVERY video gets ads put on them. So there's that already. You said most of your viewers are American, you know, the ones with all the adblocks and no patience for a 15 second ad. Then, you said yourself only 40% of your video was watched. Don't you think at all that that high EMP seems a little far fetched? Think about yourself when you are watching youtube videos...you know you don't watch the ads. and most other people do not, either!

I'm not questioning that EMP is affected, I'm questioning the amount of people you think watch ads! lol

Last edited:

Kenyanese

Reaction score
yes. that was understood. Just wondering because you are stubborn like my nigerian husband and children. lol
I’m not really stubborn lol
It’s just that for the whole of Dec and up to January 5th I budgeted for my lucky break. I was staring at $3205. That’s some serious cash and a huge leap from the $1100 I collected in Dec. I’m still in shock over the drop, that’s all. Since I started monetizing in 2016 June up to October I made $95. So from cumulative $95 for the first 16 months, then $1100, then $3205,then $605.

I agree Nigerians can be stubborn and quite loud. Even a light hearted banter seems like an argument.

You have to take into consideration that 1. just because you monetize your video DOES NOT MEAN that EVERY video gets ads put on them. So there's that already. You said most of your viewers are American, you know, the ones with all the adblocks and no patience for a 15 second ad. Then, you said yourself only 40% of your video was watched. Don't you think at all that that high EMP seems a little far fetched? Think about yourself when you are watching youtube videos...you know you don't watch the ads. and most other people do not, either!

I'm not questioning that EMP is affected, I'm questioning the amount of people you think watch ads! lol
All valid points I agree.
Late in October I realized Kenyan CPM was pathetic so I decided to focus on the highest; US. I just get stuff relevant to Americans and set the video Location to US.

Jay-Z is an American icon and this particular interview elicited debates for days and weeks on end. On NY Times channel, it quickly hit 1.5M views. So let’s first banish the idea my views were artificially inflated.

Regarding EMPs, I think it was all a function of Jay-Z legend, but that aside, I’ve been getting relatively high Views to EMP conversion rate from US audience on my other videos.

Observe closely the Views to EMP conversion for this video for the US audience. It’s more than 100%!

5,912 views in Nov gave me 6,982 EMPs

Hollyweird Teens

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I’m not really stubborn lol
It’s just that for the whole of Dec and up to January 5th I budgeted for my lucky break. I was staring at $3205. That’s some serious cash and a huge leap from the $1100 I collected in Dec. I’m still in shock over the drop, that’s all. Since I started monetizing in 2016 June up to October I made $95. So from cumulative $95 for the first 16 months, then $1100, then $3205,then $605.

I agree Nigerians can be stubborn and quite loud. Even a light hearted banter seems like an argument.

All valid points I agree.
Late in October I realized Kenyan CPM was pathetic so I decided to focus on the highest; US. I just get stuff relevant to Americans and set the video Location to US.

Jay-Z is an American icon and this particular interview elicited debates for days and weeks on end. On NY Times channel, it quickly hit 1.5M views. So let’s first banish the idea my views were artificially inflated.

Regarding EMPs, I think it was all a function of Jay-Z legend, but that aside, I’ve been getting relatively high Views to EMP conversion rate from US audience on my other videos.

Observe closely the Views to EMP conversion for this video for the US audience. It’s more than 100%!

5,912 views in Nov gave me 6,982 EMPs

I knew you were going to say you aren't stubborn, because you're stubborn. lol

Can you show me where this happens in October or any other month than November? where you get higher EMPs than views?

Kenyanese

Reaction score
I knew you were going to say you aren't stubborn, because you're stubborn. lol
Guilty as accused:banghead:

Can you show me where this happens in October or any other month than November? where you get higher EMPs than views?
I shared this video in my immediate previous post for November. Look at its October US Views to EMP conversion. Anecdotally, I find US conversion rate to be the highest; Americans love ads:D

Last edited:

Hollyweird Teens

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't know. It's 1am here. My brain is mush at this point. I'll review this thread again in the morning for any new ideas. For Now I'm just wanting to know how you get such a high CPM? lolol

Kenyanese

Reaction score
I don't know. It's 1am here. My brain is mush at this point. I'll review this thread again in the morning for any new ideas. For Now I'm just wanting to know how you get such a high CPM? lolol
I’ve been up since 0400H and it’s now 1010H. I need to move as well. Thank you for your time.

There’s a part of Creator Studio Android that ranks CPM in descending order. US is always on top. I think in line with what’s others have shared on this forum, COM is the highest in December,and I’d probably add right up to Christmas. I was just fortunate to upload the video on 29th. I never gave thought about CPM by that time.

If you want the best just focus on the US,Canada,EU and Australia

Hollyweird Teens

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I’ve been up since 0400H and it’s now 1010H. I need to move as well. Thank you for your time.

There’s a part of Creator Studio Android that ranks CPM in descending order. US is always on top. I think in line with what’s others have shared on this forum, COM is the highest in December,and I’d probably add right up to Christmas. I was just fortunate to upload the video on 29th. I never gave thought about CPM by that time.

If you want the best just focus on the US,Canada,EU and Australia
I mean...I'm from the US and my channel is mainly about US celebrities so....

Kenyanese

Reaction score
I mean...I'm from the US and my channel is mainly about US celebrities so....
You have yet to share with me any of your Analytics.

Get your best video for between November 29th and Dec 3rd and let me see the Ad Rates. I can almost bet that for the US,you will have some $9 for CPM

Status
Not open for further replies.