LOCKED - What would cause such a drastic Drop in Estimated Revenue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenyanese

Reaction score
The estimations have actually been that close to the actual earnings? That is really shocking considering it is random on how many people actually watch the ads all the way through, or click the clickables, unless it takes those things into factor. I would just contact youtube about the problem if its a big enough issue for you.
I meant the estimates by Dashboard not mine. Like last month by end of November the estimates stood at $1,120 and I got $1,128. For October the estimates were $65 but they came in about $62.

In all honesty inaccuracies of 70% means they are not worth it.

I did contact YouTube through email and they have yet to get back. What’s more bothersome is all this concerns one video

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
FYI, there is a LOT more than just paying for clicks that youtube can and will attribute to invalid traffic and not pay you for..
But in your case it looks more drastic like something is broken on their end.

Kenyanese

Reaction score
FYI, there is a LOT more than just paying for clicks that youtube can and will attribute to invalid traffic and not pay you for..
But in your case it looks more drastic like something is broken on their end.
What other reasons would exist for invalidating my traffic?

Note the inconsistency. The Nov 29-30 views,monetized playbacks all counted for something but not Dec. Then there is revising this estimate the 5th of this month

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
What other reasons would exist for invalidating my traffic?

Note the inconsistency. The Nov 29-30 views,monetized playbacks all counted for something but not Dec. Then there is revising this estimate the 5th of this month
Youtube OFTEN declares traffic from Facebook or Reddit as invalid, and traffic from unsavory websites, etc.. Basically whatever the heck Youtube feels like, but those are some of the biggies that have seen happen on my account.

Kenyanese

Reaction score
Youtube OFTEN declares traffic from Facebook or Reddit as invalid, and traffic from unsavory websites, etc.. Basically whatever the heck Youtube feels like, but those are some of the biggies that have seen happen on my account.
I checked the traffic sources for December and November

Can you see anything strange in December sources?
Seems to me to mirror November stats[DOUBLEPOST=1515397651,1515378327][/DOUBLEPOST]I pulled this ad rate parameter form the analytics for Dec and Nov

What does no activity for December mean?

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Something is amiss here. Estimated revenue can vary a little bit in either direction, but it appears they straight up stripped you of all revenue for that particular video EXCEPT for YouTube Red fees. How is that even possible? They are essentially saying that people subscribed to YouTube Red watched your video but no one else did? That’s... odd. If they had a problem with the video such that they felt the need to remove all your revenue, then why still pay you the YouTube Red money? Why not yank it all? (I hope they don’t, I’m just pointing out the incredible inconsistency here. Hopefully this is just an error.)

Please let us know what you find out. I’m very curious. Best of luck!

Reactions: Kenyanese

ericshift1

Reaction score
It means you had a lot of invalid activity, be happy your account hasn't been disabled for monetization if you had that much invalid traffic. The reason december dropped to 0 was to make up for some of the invalid activity in November (you had invalid activity both months, but got paid for Nov).

Kenyanese

Reaction score
It means you had a lot of invalid activity, be happy your account hasn't been disabled for monetization if you had that much invalid traffic. The reason december dropped to 0 was to make up for some of the invalid activity in November (you had invalid activity both months, but got paid for Nov).
I've heard that theory

And my question was/is, what occasions 'invalid clicks' for an upload I never bought views for?

Every other parameter screams real views from geographical distribution to average watch time,to like,dislikes and ev n comments.

And what about YouTube Red?

More importantly,I've never received a community guideline strike,all I had closest to that was age restriction of a video I uploaded in 2016[DOUBLEPOST=1515610991,1515549932][/DOUBLEPOST]I received their standard copy+paste response;

Hello Xxxxx,

Thank you for contacting YouTube Creator Support. I hope you're having a good day.

I understand that you are concerned about your earnings. I know this is complicated, so let me clarify.

Advertising revenue is based on a number of different factors and may not be directly correlated to video views, and not all views are equal in terms of revenue. These factors include advertiser bidding, advertising availability, and advertiser demand for your videos.

Also, remember that advertising is seasonal. For example during the holiday season some creators may see an uptick in revenue due to increased investment in advertising; early in the year tend to be lighter months. We've also noticed that when times are lean, businesses cut their marketing budgets.

Revenue also depends on the ad formats that run on your videos. Different formats have different CPMs, which you can think of as a price. Because advertisers pay different prices for different ads, you’ll earn different amounts depending on which ads run on your videos.

Your total revenue depends on several things, including which ad format appears, what the advertiser paid, and the amount of times your video was viewed.

In addition, a viewer’s geographic location will impact your revenue.

In the beginning, it’ll be a little tricky to gauge what your monthly payment will be. Keep in mind that an advertiser has to be interested in advertising on your content, and it may take time to build interest.

To do a deep dive of your revenue performance, take a look into your YouTube Analytics. This will help you gain insights into the different factors that influence your revenue in particular. The viewers country location, as well as the different traffic sources might have an impact on your numbers.

Other than that, I encourage you to keep up the great work. Engaging viewers with quality content makes them watch more, which often leads to more views, which in turn can lead to more earnings.

On the other hand, at the end of the month, adjustments are made to the estimated earnings data in your Youtube Analytics Report to determine the finalized earnings. You can find finalized YouTube earnings within your AdSense payment history. To learn more, please visit our help article on earnings

Until the amount is posted to the AdSense account, any amount you see is just an estimate.

I hope this helps clarify things. Please contact us back if you have other concerns.

Regards,
Cecile

Google YouTube Team

Last edited:

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Infuriating. They never even read your email. They saw “revenue” and auto-responded with this nonsense for beginners.

Kenyanese

Reaction score
Infuriating. They never even read your email. They saw “revenue” and auto-responded with this nonsense for beginners.
I responded with multiple screenshots arguing out my case and I’ve just received a second more promising response.

Here;
Hi Xxxxxx,

Thank you for replying.

I escalated your analytics earning to our internal team for review and expect to hear back within a couple of days. I'll get back to you with an update as soon as I have more to share.

If you're interested, you can always find updates on issues that we're working to fix on our Help Center.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions in the meantime.

Many thanks,
Allan

Google YouTube Team

I really need this resolved before 15th because I fear it may get lost going into next month’s cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.