What would be an acceptable, affordable, windows 10 laptop for video editing?

abacoIan

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm thinking I may need more than my chromebook for video editing if I expect to do at least one video a week. Is it possible to edit videos on a new w10 laptop even though it's not the top of the line?

I'm looking at a best buy deal for $130.

Appreciate your input and recommendations.

Ian

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
$130 is a very low budget. I'm not sure that that's enough to buy a laptop is it? Or have I misunderstood your post? :)

I personally have an Asus Zenbook - For me, my criteria were: Long battery life, small size and weight, SSD disk and minimum 8Go of RAM - But yeah those specs didn't come cheap and it cost me about $700

Does it have to be a laptop? You'll get a lot more for your money if you get a desktop PC. :)

abacoIan

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
It does not necessarily have to be a laptop but I think I'd be more productive being able to work on videos in various locations. But if the price were right I'd consider a desktop.

Yes, there are deals on laptops, the one for $130 was $70 off.

Reactions: Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
It does not necessarily have to be a laptop but I think I'd be more productive being able to work on videos in various locations. But if the price were right I'd consider a desktop.

Yes, there are deals on laptops, the one for $130 was $70 off.

My best advice would be look at the tech specs of the editing software you'll be using and then compare it to the specs of the laptop. The most important parts will be processor, RAM and disk space. :)

Berkeli

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
It all comes down to what type of videos you are editing, in what quality (720p/1080p or perhaps 4k? :D) and the amount of patience you have.
I have a laptop for 1500 USD and it's not quite sufficient to edit 1440p at 60fps