What was your reason for starting a channel?

Everyone has their own story, and I'm interested in reading them! :bounce:

Here are some questions to help prompt your answers if you are having a hard time:
Why did you start? I originally uploaded 3 military videos because sending the videos to people would take forever, so having links would be a lot faster. Then when we got our first dog I started uploading puppy and dog videos. Same reason basically, so I can easily share with friends and family. I didn't even know you could make money from it until a few dog videos were uploaded. I also just like filming stuff, I always have way before Youtube was even a thought.
How long have you been doing this? About 10 years
Did anyone inspire you? Not really
What is it that you do on your channel and why was it important to share? My channel is random but has mostly dog videos. I have everything from my Navy weapon shooting down a missile, me getting pepper sprayed, puppies wrestling, time lapse, slow motion, and random weirdness.
Do you care if this turns out to be a career? I turned off monetization last year so YouTube will not pay my bills. If it could land me a sweet animal documentary job that would be awesome.
What is your favorite thing about making videos? I have always liked getting cool angles of things and getting the best views and effects possible. The same goes with taking pictures, I always quickly find the best angle whether it's cool scenery or a random group of people who want me to take their picture.
Who would be your ultimate collaboration partner(s)? Don't really have any. I'd like to use the Slowmo Guys cameras for certain things I guess.

For me it's a hobbie, I love the subjects I make videos on and love to share with other people. Once my channel gets bigger I will love the interacting side of things. I think that's what I like about this forum too is the interaction with others with similar goals and interests.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

When I was 5 years old I had a stroke which paralyzed my whole left side. I had to learn to do the most things all over again, and when I started school I was so intensely bullied that it even today effects me negatively. It's just a few years ago since I started to accept myself and respect myself for who I am and I hope to inspire lots of people out there with my stories and life experiences. Therefor I started my youtube channel :)[DOUBLEPOST=1525986943,1525986237][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh sorry, I was all caught up on what I wrote so I will answer your questions :)

Why did you start?
When I was 5 years old I had a stroke which paralyzed my whole left side. I had to learn to do the most things all over again, and when I started school I was so intensely bullied that it even today effects me negatively. It's just a few years ago since I started to accept myself and respect myself for who I am and I hope to inspire lots of people out there with my stories and life experiences. Therefor I started my youtube channel.

How long have you been doing this?
Had my youtube channel since 2014, but didn't upload my first video before a few days ago.

Did anyone inspire you?
Yes. A lot of youtubers with storytimes.

What is it that you do on your channel and why was it important to share?
Right now I only have one video up, but there will come more later this week. As I said, I want to inspire people whatever age they are. I think that a lot of what I have to say and tell about my personal experiences either it is about bullying, stalkers or other important things that can have a major effect on your life is important for me to talk about.

Do you care if this turns out to be a career?

No, I'd love that.

What is your favorite thing about making videos?
Planning, filming, editing. The whole package!

Who would be your ultimate collaboration partner(s)?
Hmm, I don't know. Maybe someone who enjoy my videos and have had a same-kind of experiences in life.

Why did you start?
I just wanted to know if I was going to be able to do it and do a decent job
Exactly 1 year
Did anyone inspire you?
Yeah some gaming channels
I'm giving good tips and try to give all in one package, others just give some highlights... I like to give everything you need to know about something
I wouldn't complain
Editing and the final product. Also if I like the thumbnail sometimes I look at it several times in a day
No idea

Why did you start?

Acting and singing was always my passion, so I started YouTube to do the things I love and maybe it will one day open up opportunities for me.

HOW LONG HAVE I BEEN DOING

I created my channel In may but didn’t start uploading until the end of summer, it will three years.

WHO INSPIRED ME?

Shane Dawson, I started watching him in high school!

WHO WOUlD I COllAB WITH?

Shane Dawson and grav3yard girl.

WOULD I CARE IF IT BECAME A CAREER?

It would be a dream come true I could do so much more like acting and music and procduing, but I’m not really sure if that will ever happen if it doesn’t thats okay I tried my best.

FAVORITE THING?

I get to create and make videos and meet some awesome people, it sounds cheesey but you’re one of them that I met on here.

I never intended to have a YouTube channel. I only set one up as a mechanism to add a couple of videos to my web pages - end of story.

But then people started subscribing to it, which was totally unexpected.

So I did a couple of serious videos to see what would happen. It soon became clear that a lot of people are looking to learn.

The channel only exists now because I can teach people who are interested in the subject.

It's simply a way of giving back to the community.

Cheers Rob

Why did you start?
I started doing Youtube because I wanted to at first "be like everyone else" and share my love for gaming and other things with people over the internet. Then I started over just because I love creating videos in general and want to share that love with others.

Been at this since 2008. But the main channel I work on now is from 2014.

Did anyone inspire you?
Cinemassacre aka James Rolfe inspired me the most. For many years I wanted to be just like him until I found my own way of doing things. But if it wasn't for him I probably would have never gotten started.

I do Film, Gaming and Entertainment (Movie Reviews, etc). For me I enjoy Art and sharing it with those that feel the same way.

I do not at this time but if it does it would help out a lot and I would be much happier.

Making someone happy or entertaining them from anywhere in the world (with Internet). Also can't forget how much I just enjoy the process of making a video.

Definitely James Rolfe and Exploring with Josh. For me that would truly be amazing. But instead of living in my own head I'd love to find others who share the same goals and dreams whom would love to collaborate with me in general. =]

Why did you start?

Acting and singing was always my passion, so I started YouTube to do the things I love and maybe it will one day open up opportunities for me.

HOW LONG HAVE I BEEN DOING

I created my channel In may but didn’t start uploading until the end of summer, it will three years.

WHO INSPIRED ME?

Shane Dawson, I started watching him in high school!

WHO WOUlD I COllAB WITH?

Shane Dawson and grav3yard girl.

WOULD I CARE IF IT BECAME A CAREER?

It would be a dream come true I could do so much more like acting and music and procduing, but I’m not really sure if that will ever happen if it doesn’t thats okay I tried my best.

FAVORITE THING?

I get to create and make videos and meet some awesome people, it sounds cheesey but you’re one of them that I met on here.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww <3 You're awesome too ^_^

Back