What was your most successful video?

Redford1900

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
For the channel I run for the animal shelter it is a video with over 6,000 views that has a dog repeatedly charging into me as I try to film him.

For my personal channel, I have a video of my dogs in the snow that has over 114,000 views. That video is a perfect example of how video popularity can just be dumb luck. I filmed it with my iPhone, posted it on YouTube so I could send a link to my mom and forgot about it. It was the first and only video on my channel at the time. Eight months later it became popular and I started getting emails wanting to license it. I still don't know why it was successful.

Reactions: darkstarmedia

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Fast Cars, Bad Kids with just under 140,000,000 views.

Juzey

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I usually get around 100 views, but my asexuality video has 509 views.

Reaction score
When I first started my newest channel I was stunned when my first video skyrocketed over a thousand views (it is nearly at 2,000 now after a little more than 2 months). Many of my subsequent videos have made between 300 and 600, and just recently I had another that breached 1000. However, the last three I've posted haven't yet hit a hundred, despite being what I consider to be of better quality than my previous work. I'm going to keep slugging on, but it's really hard to continue to put 10+ hours of hard work into each video and have practically no one watch them!

I think my early success was due to have produced my first video at the right time and about the right topic. The same goes for the videos I posted after that, up until the last few weeks when I've tried to pick up new topics to talk about. I'm going to go back to talking about the DJI Osmo camera and microphones for awhile and see if I can recapture my glory days lol!

MichaelNoker

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
My most successful video is currently "Life With BPD!" - a video blog I put together between projects in which I talked about living with Borderline Personality Disorder. It's currently at 501 views, I think!

However, my "British Phrases & Slang!" video has 487 views and 48 likes, as well as more comments than my BPD video. I don't mind so much as I'm proud of both and I've currently got a pretty decent ratio of comments to views, so I'm grateful for that.
I loved your British Phrases and Slang video! It needs to get you all the views.

My most successful video (I guess?) was doing the small YouTuber tag, which is right at 75 views. Yeahhhh. Although my vlogs get more views than my normal talking-to-camera-about-topic videos do, which tells me maybe I should do more of those. But engaging things never happen when my camera is handy.

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
My "Frozen - Let It Go (Horror Version)" video by far. It became a suggested video on a couple other popular videos and 90-95% of its views are from that.

Currently at 6,305,066 views.

The next 4 under those are in the 250,000 to 375,000 range.

Video Cranker

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Our biggest one, by far, is our Sidewalk Cops 3 on our Gabe and Garrett channel which is at 197,000,000+ right now, should be over 200,000,000 by the end of the year if it stays on course! It has over 19,000,000 on our Sidewalk Cops channel too. How did we do that? If I knew the answer, I'd have 500 videos right now in the hundreds of millions of views, ha ha! It's all about the YouTube Algorithm Gods! Thank you, YouTube!

Reactions: Crown