What was your most annoying editing experience?

Joley

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So this happened to me today, while I was editing. I noticed that my audio file of my voice kept cutting at random parts meaning it skipped a lot of context. Now, this wouldn't be a problem if I was playing a slow paced game, but I wasn't!

Everytime my voice file cut, it would be out of sync with the audio and gameplay footage. So, I had to keep resyncing it and listening to where I thought I said that at a certain time in the video. It was very, VERY frustrating. :mad:

I've yet to find out what caused it, I'm thinking because the game I was playing was very resource demanding, audacity had trouble.

So this gave me the idea, what was your most annoying / frustrating moment while editing? I'm interested to hear! :)

Annie's Vegan Journey

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The worst for me was when I first began editing and I didn't know how to use the editing program properly so I would accident do things that would cut and ruin my video but I didn't know how to undo them so I just had to go with it, it makes those videos cringe worthy to watch now. I have even deleted some due to this lol. And it would take me 3 times as long to complete a video which was so frustrating!

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I make my videos in a program called videoscribe. The worst for me is when the drawings get all mixed up when I edit them. The next worst things is when I cant seem to get the drawings to fit in this frame I got......It happens sometimes and that´s very frustrating:)

RooThaDude

Reaction score
I do videos on PC builds and I have to copy and paste all of the names of the parts into the video individually for each segment and it takes a long time.

sanitary103

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I can't think of anything on top of my head since I'm a bit tired as we speak but I've had my fair share for sure. it can get annoying.

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've had glitches in Sony Vegas Pro that have left me stumped for a long time, such as, from time to time, all audio will simply vanish. I finally figured it out and when someone popped on Reddit with the same problem, saying he'd been fighting it for more than 10 hours, I filled him in on the fix and he was ecstatic. It doesn't even make sense what goes wrong, but so long as the fix works, whatever.

Kwantabile

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
My second video. It's longer than the first one (almost the double amount of minutes) so the editing and the lip sync (I do " animation ") took me even longer (A THOUSAND YEARS).

bigattck

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
When i do meme videos i have to put in the voice and pictures perfectly. this sounds easy but it is not.

anzhelika

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
For me probably the most annoying when you editing and out of the blue your editing software crashes without a warning. Happened to me on different editing softwares not only one. I used like 4 different ones and they all did that once in a while and mostly when i was almost done.

Quirkypoo

Reaction score
Oh wow WHERE TO BEGIN.

I’ve had times where I’ve been happily cutting chunks out of my video and spent a good while doing so, watched it back and all my sound was out of sync so I had to start from scratch (such an amateur)

I’ve spent a long long long LONG time trying to learn how to use motion track and sadly failed everytime (still don’t understand how to use stupid motion track)

I’ve had problems trying to export videos but they’d just crash and stop on like 99% and I’d sit there, everytime time, like a dummy thinking “wow this 99 is taking a long time”.

And I’m sure the fun will not stop there.