What type of videos are popular right now?

Allie Danielle

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Please list them for me.. I know people still like vlogs, try on hauls... but what else?

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Popular videos might be trendy, But i got to ask you, what kind of videos do you want to do? if you make videos just because of trying to be famous will not work in the long run. But if you make videos that you like to do, it will shine through and will attract viewers, not as fast making videos on trendy topics nonetheless, but it will get you loyal fans!

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Hi Allie, I'm not recommending this but in answer to your question anything asmr related will get thousands of times more views and subscribers and requires very little editing and very little wait for your subs count to hit big figures in a few weeks rather than years. .. just for tappy tappy your fingers on the desktop or waving a make up brush at the screen for half hour =big watch time. What else.. erm the usual make anything video as long as it has the word fortnight in it.. I's prefer to spell it properly lol.

Reactions: Allie Danielle

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi Allie, I'm not recommending this but in answer to your question anything asmr related will get thousands of times more views and subscribers and requires very little editing and very little wait for your subs count to hit big figures in a few weeks rather than years. .. just for tappy tappy your fingers on the desktop or waving a make up brush at the screen for half hour =big watch time. What else.. erm the usual make anything video as long as it has the word fortnight in it.. I's prefer to spell it properly lol.
With all due respect, this is rubbish. For every popular ASMR channel there are 100 more that aren’t popular at all. It’s a finicky yet popular genre, for sure, but it is in no way a guarantee of views and subs. That’s just silly.

OP: the best advice is to forget what’s popular and trendy and create something YOU like that YOU would watch if it popped into your feed. Chasing a trend is the surest way to a dead-end channel because it’s not sustainable.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For every popular ASMR channel there are 100 more that aren’t popular
And that is the sad truth!!!:) The same goes for gaming channels, vlogs, animation, food and so on and so on.. Make videos/content you enjoy making and stop focusing on what´s hot/trending at the moment. Focus on the stuff you care about and if you by all means want to do videos about popular topics there are some topics that where popular 2000 years ago and still are today:)

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Asmr is pretty popular right now but that doesn’t mean your channel will gain a bunch of subscribers and viewers even if you make a bunch of videos about trending topics.

It’s best you make videos on what you want to do instead doing of what everyone else is doing.

Stephanharz

Reaction score
Best advice I can give...don't care what anyone else is doing. Try to BE like someone else, just be your self. I am still shocked as hell that people are watching my channel! I have not really done any work on trying to grow it...it just happened an...its growing every day now. Also...if you try to be follow a "trend" it can be easy to fall out and channel die. anyway that will be my two cents..