What to do with Competitor Channel's comments on your video?

crazyjere

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
What do you guys do with competitor's comments in your videos which are non-spammy but you know what they are up to when they do post in your videos (killing you with kindness).
Stuff like "I love this video! Have a nice day, from the team at ABC Channel."

On a side-note: Youtube automatically detects them as "likely-spam" and needs me to review them manually lol

Ampix0

Web Design Tutorials
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If they are spammy I would say delete them. If they are identifying themselves as a channel and somewhat inviting viewers to their channel through your comments, then I'd say you have the right to delete them. If they leave a genuine comment with no motive other than to comment on your video, then I would say it would be petty to delete it.

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If it's witty, relevant or entertaining, I answer and check out their channel, watch a video or a few if it's good. If it's a link dump, I block them. If it's the standard 'hey nice video, check out my channel, I subbed, pls sub back' I leave it up, all good, everyone is trying their best to grow.

Reactions: KidsCorner

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
It probably wouldn't hurt you in the long run, if they want to be suggested alongside your videos, then that will mean you will be suggested alongside their videos also. Just make sure your titles and thumbnails look better!

also if their content really sucks, (made evident by very low retention) then youtube won't promote their channel near yours regardless.