What To Do With 23k subscribers.

Spyro

Reaction score
This may sound odd, but I 'accidentally' got myself 23k subscribers.

How you may ask? Well, I signed up to Youtube in the early days when it was first created and I used to upload music to it for my own personal use mainly. Now over the years Youtube has obviously become one of the biggest sites in the world and people have liked the kind of songs I uploaded and subscribed. Even though my channel was dormant and I haven't uploaded anything for the past 10 years.

However, I have decided I want to start uploading my own content which will have nothing to do with music.

Do you think I should create a brand new channel, or should I 'cheat' by re-branding my current channel and having an undeserved head start with the subscribers.

I guess the problem with doing that is those subscribers have subscribed for music, not for what I have got planned, so I fully expect lots of thumbs down.

GaminGit

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I had the same issue last year.

Although, my old account had only attracted >300 subs over 10 years.

I decided to just make a new channel based on the idea that those existing subs will either be completely dormant/inactive or they will prob just unsub or dislike the new type of videos I was planning to make.

It's up to you though. 23k is a decent following and there may well be some people in there that are interested in what you're planning to do, so... Good luck? xD

Reactions: Quick Question

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
You have a bit of a "gift" in those subscribers, so the only thing that may happen is some will leave if they don't like the new content. However, I'd suspect most will stay.

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Keep the channel and re brand the whole thing. Make a video telling everyone you're back and what the channel is going to be about. Even if 50% leave because they don't like the new style, that would still give you 11k subs to start with, that are happy to watch your new stuff. Also bear in mind dormant and dead accounts.

Loery Potpie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Animator
I think you are really lucky with this. If you start uploading other content, some definitly will leave the channel, but some will stay probably and by that you already have more subs then most beginners.

Quick Question

Questions Answer Everything
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would definitely do it. If you are really worried about how your subs will feel you could make a heads up video telling your subs that you are back on YouTube and that you will be shifting your content. Encourage them to stay but respect their decision if they choose to unsub. This way you do not need to feel guilty or on your toes about what you do next. Have fun!

Spyro

Reaction score
Thanks all. I think I'll give the channel a rebrand then.

Much appreciated.