What to do when your film crew isn't on the same page?

Working with a film crew hasn't been easy, recently its been a struggle to work with one another because some of us feel as if they are more passionate than others. We've been trying harder to create more quality content but sometimes that means pushing one another to work harder and thats where our issues come from. We started creating content together as friends just creating random videos. But we realized we could produce better content and probably grow a fanbase better. The crew is filled with different viewpoints though. Some find this still a good time and some of the crew finds it being stressful and like work as if the fun has been taken out. What do you guys think about this situation? Should we continue to work with each other or go our seperate ways as a film crew?

I think the most important thing to realize is that you can only control your own actions and attitude. If you're driven and passionate it's frustrating to feel held back by colleagues. If you can't get on the same page I would, personally, go your separate ways.

Working with a film crew hasn't been easy, recently its been a struggle to work with one another because some of us feel as if they are more passionate than others. We've been trying harder to create more quality content but sometimes that means pushing one another to work harder and thats where our issues come from. We started creating content together as friends just creating random videos. But we realized we could produce better content and probably grow a fanbase better. The crew is filled with different viewpoints though. Some find this still a good time and some of the crew finds it being stressful and like work as if the fun has been taken out. What do you guys think about this situation? Should we continue to work with each other or go our seperate ways as a film crew?
To be honest when i dont need a tripod i use my boyfriend. When he and i dont share the same viewpoint it does get a little frustrating.. but then i remember its my channel ;) I have him do it my way and then his or i just let him know what exactly im going for. You may not have time to do it everyones way but talking and explaining fully will help i hope. Maybe you guys need to take a breather and focus on why you started in the first place. Idk im still pretty knew i hope it all works out.

I think the most important thing to realize is that you can only control your own actions and attitude. If you're driven and passionate it's frustrating to feel held back by colleagues. If you can't get on the same page I would, personally, go your separate ways.
Thanks its good to hear from someone elses perspective

I would either go your own separate ways or come up with something that works for all of you. If say you have 4 people, and one of you is the most motivated and wants to work on videos for hours every single day, another is relatively motivated, and 2 are no longer really that interested in making videos.. then it doesn't make sense to either make lots of videos involving everyone and stressing the least motivated people out, or conversely making only a few videos and being bottlenecked by the least motivated team members.

Perhaps find ways that the more motivated people in your team can work on the bulk of your projects without involving anyone else, and then when the others want to do something, you can work on things as a full team. Look at finding some additional team members if the numbers are an issue.

I would either go your own separate ways or come up with something that works for all of you. If say you have 4 people, and one of you is the most motivated and wants to work on videos for hours every single day, another is relatively motivated, and 2 are no longer really that interested in making videos.. then it doesn't make sense to either make lots of videos involving everyone and stressing the least motivated people out, or conversely making only a few videos and being bottlenecked by the least motivated team members.

Perhaps find ways that the more motivated people in your team can work on the bulk of your projects without involving anyone else, and then when the others want to do something, you can work on things as a full team. Look at finding some additional team members if the numbers are an issue.
Appreciate it man. Good way to look at it

I would say do whatever you think is best. If you feel that you can be more effective by yourself, then don't hesitate to do your own thing. Like it was mentioned above, you can only make your own choices.

Definitely find a way of putting together the folks who are interested in pushing things further and those who are just there to have fun. Both approaches are fine, but you can actually do both, if the smaller group of you who want to make better videos choose to work on projects that require that, and also are inclusive for the occasional shoot where everyone can join in at the level they're comfortable at.

Back