What To Do if I can't Upload Frequently?

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
So one tip that I've gotten a lot is that I should be uploading frequently, however, that's something I can't really do for 2 main reasons:
1) I don't have a lot of time to dedicate to Youtube
2) My videos take quite a while to make
Is there any other way to help grow my audience, besides frequent uploads?

sanitary103

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
use a ton of social media when you do upload. I would try and designate a day where maybe you can record multiple videos but I know that may be challenging for you.

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
So one tip that I've gotten a lot is that I should be uploading frequently, however, that's something I can't really do for 2 main reasons:
my answer to a lot of questions in here... Make good videos

Reactions: Kristeen

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I am also not so dedicated to YOUTUBE. So I upload weekly and I always make sure that the topic I am covering is what people are actually searching and it must be highest quality.

Kristeen

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I think an important thing to remember is that this "Consistency" that everyone keeps talking about isn't just about uploading frequently. It can be achieved in multiple ways.

If you can't upload that often, make sure that when you do upload, that the format is similar to your previous videos. You could designate a day in the week that you'll always upload your video. For my channel, whenever I do have content to upload, I publicize it on Saturday afternoon for most of my subscribers. I also make sure that the style of my content is the same and follows the same kind of structure as my previous ones.

Reactions: TechSpotJosh

Daisyah

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You don't have to be a person who updates every day or even every week for that matter. Just don't abandon your subscribers for months then come back and think they are going to be there. I recommend uploading as much as you can, whether it's 2 one week and none the next or 1 every week. Make sure your engaging with your subscribers too. I always think quality goes before quantity cause you never know what video could be 'the one'

Kekaholic

Reaction score
It's actually super easy. I'd recommend setting an upload schedule for yourself and audience. If you can only post once a month make sure that is always at the same time and day of each month. That way your audience knows to expect a video on that day. This will help increase your sub count and your view to sub ratio.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I follow channels that upload daily and others that upload whenever they get around to it.
I find that the daily channels are of less quality compared to the infrequent ones.
So if you do upload infrequent - make sure its awesome. Otherwise id suggest that YT is not for you at this time.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Find people who will do the sharing for you. The right people sharing on Facebook can do a lot.