What to consider when choosing a YouTube network

CaptainSauce

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Actually if you just starting out on YouTube you should be running as far as you can from useless networks who like to prey on young impressionable kids so they can get more free money for doing nothing. Networks are for big channels only. Small channels are nothing more than pawns for networks to make more money from, using them like a pimp and his girls.
This seems to be an opinion a lot of people have with no reasoning. Why exactly do you think this is the case?
If they offer you a bunch of resources (free music library, adsense protection, forums, gadgets etc) and request 10-40% of your revenue (which is essentially nothing for quite a long time when starting off) isnt that good value? I mean if you used 1 song from their library rather than paying 5-20$ for it elsewhere, you've already gotten months costs in value.

radex78

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Very useful for new youtuber like as me , become one new knowledge for me , i am ever join mcn network , but unfortunately get strike videos then last with banned account

Skimpy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Im going to look into this. Thanks for taking the time and writing this up !!!

iVlogCom

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Very good thread. Like to add that the best way to find out the who the best network is, is by trying several to see which treats you the best. If a network acts like they are too good for you, find someone else.

Honkie_kun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think the main factor of picking a partnership is the actual fourm and help behind it. If the rates aren't that it shouldn't matter that much because a good community will spread more then a good paycheck.

MultiDragon129

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So, I heard that you really shouldn't partner with YouTube if your a gaming channel because they don't really support gaming channels like that, but i'm not sure. Is this true?

paigelknowles

Engineering & art student that says funny crap!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't really understand what a "YouTube Network" is? And what are the CPM's, why would you need to choose a network at all??

RezOfficial

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Thanks Daniel! That would clear some things up, now It's just to start thinking on what network I should join In the future, cheers!