What to consider when choosing a YouTube network

Trichard

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks for the tips about monetization, I don't think I'll add an adsense or anything to my youtube since I'm small and don't care that much but I will keep ads, I think it kinda looks more attractive I'm probably the only human who likes ads on youtube but that's just me, it gives other people money and it just keeps you thrilled for whats coming in the video I guess.
lol ads on youtube are annoying sometimes if say i watch a gaming video and it gives me a hand sanitizer ad lol id rather a gaming ad or a gaming channel ad if the ads are related to what I'm watching ill watch it lol i don't need to know about the latest tampon and cars

MadeOfFame

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Thanks for the post, great information, but why would you use a network anyway? Why not just use Youtube's partner program? What's the benefit to these networks?[DOUBLEPOST=1409423418,1409423342][/DOUBLEPOST]Because surely you'd earn less as Youtube takes its cut, and then the partner network takes its cut too so wouldn't it be advisable to stick with the Youtube program? I'm a little confused about this.

daisiesonmyhead

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Can i ask something? What is "Click-bomb protection " ?

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Can i ask something? What is "Click-bomb protection " ?
If somebody were to want to cause problems for you, they could keep clicking on your ads over and over again. Adsense would detect this fraudulent behavior and deactivate your Adsense account. This is to protect advertisers from people clicking ads and fraudulently earning revenue.

When you join a network, your Adsense account is de-linked from your channel and the network's Adsense account is not connected to your channel. It is not likely that YouTube will shut down the whole networks Adsense account because of fraud or 'click-bombing' activity on your channel.

There have been networks that will use this as a scare tactic to get you to join their network. The actuality of somebody click-bombing your YouTube channel is very unlikely.

Reactions: daisiesonmyhead

carlylespicks

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Well thought-out and well-written overview. Many starting-out YouTubers should take notice!
Actually if you just starting out on YouTube you should be running as far as you can from useless networks who like to prey on young impressionable kids so they can get more free money for doing nothing. Networks are for big channels only. Small channels are nothing more than pawns for networks to make more money from, using them like a pimp and his girls.

Magnus Storm

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
I just joined Freedom after getting the impression that they were the only one who was actually gonna axept me. It was actually just to see how this work. Excited at first, but i have the impression that they only focus on gamers and i feel a little lost in there. On the forums it's all about gaming all the time. But met some cool people though:)

If there is anyone who suggest a good network for vlog channels i'll be happy to receive tips:)

carlylespicks

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Why are you looking for a network in the first place? What do you think it's gonna do for you?

I just joined Freedom after getting the impression that they were the only one who was actually gonna axept me. It was actually just to see how this work. Excited at first, but i have the impression that they only focus on gamers and i feel a little lost in there. On the forums it's all about gaming all the time. But met some cool people though:)

If there is anyone who suggest a good network for vlog channels i'll be happy to receive tips:)

Magnus Storm

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Why are you looking for a network in the first place? What do you think it's gonna do for you?
Basicly i want to build my network and find other people doing similar things that i do. I allso want training and to find people who wants to take part in my vlogs (collaborate). Kind of the same reasons i came here really

carlylespicks

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
You can get all that stuff right here and by going through the YouTube learning academy. All free and available for you without tying into some useless contract to help buy buy some guy another BMW. Most networks are a joke and I'd steer clear.

Basicly i want to build my network and find other people doing similar things that i do. I allso want training and to find people who wants to take part in my vlogs (collaborate). Kind of the same reasons i came here really

Magnus Storm

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
You can get all that stuff right here and by going through the YouTube learning academy. All free and available for you without tying into some useless contract to help buy buy some guy another BMW. Most networks are a joke and I'd steer clear.
Ah okey. Maybe i should just get the hell outta there then. I will see for some more days how it goes. Either way i dont think it will harm me exploring these networks at the level i am right now. I have made estimated 3 cents so far:) In 10 years i can maybe withdraw a hundred dollars. In norway there are a very few people doing this for a job, cause the money you earn from ads on youtube is half the worth or less from other countries. Sorry about my english again. Slept during those classes...