What Themes will dominate Youtube this year?

odabaco

I've Got It
Reaction score
That's something I've noticed, too. YouTube denies that they pay the site to be put on the trending page, but there's clearly something sketchy going on with that. There have been videos on trending that have only hit a couple thousand views. That makes no sense. No one's talking about that. It's not trending. And it seems that the Trending page is different in other countries, and America seems to have more media promotion. And with the case of Google recently being sued over allegedly using threats and promises of benefits to employees over labor unions, it's not unreasonable to think YouTube employees can't admit what goes on with Trending. I don't know. I think that page is a bit of a joke. Some of the videos are legitimately trending. Others... Not so much.
I always check the Trending page like I check the bargain shelves at supermarkets. And just like those shelves with their opened cracker packets, expiring dairy, and crumpled tins, the Trending page always fails to impress me.

As you said, more than that, much of it makes no sense as to why it's there, AND why are there videos that sit on that page for days and weeks at a time? It's like some YouTube employee who hates their job knocked up some nonsense algorithm to populate that page that actually doesn't work properly!

Reactions: Dewmonic Abyss

Gamayun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Finger Family and Bad Baby in kids category :)[DOUBLEPOST=1502569865,1502569578][/DOUBLEPOST]
That is the million dollar question. The current algorithm really rewards imitation, that's for certain.
I hope for major changes will happened to Algorithm next year. Current one just not very helpful for me.

Johnny Dee

I've Got It
Reaction score
If you follow terns, you will be 1 of many. What is needed creativity.