What Themes will dominate Youtube this year?

hi guys. i'm fairly new to YTtalk and just interested in what sort of channels/themes you think will become most popular this year. please let me know your opinions!

If you're a Viner with a big audience and you move over, you're destined to be on the trending page. Doesn't matter how unfunny or cliche your content is, you'll make it big. And for bonus points, you could try to make a music video (but only if you have no musical talent, because that's what always ends up poppin' in the city of England.) :p

I have seen a lot of content relating to minimalism and being vegan. Or maybe that's just what Youtube is showing me? Let me know if you get a lot of these videos too, I'm really curious. (I'm not vegan btw, but a lot of people that I follow are, for some reason).

At the start of the year, a trend I noticed was anti- or pro-Trump news channels springing up. I've never seen such fast growth! There was one called Trump Truth Watch and it had 80,000 subscribers within about 4 weeks. You COULD say they were maybe cheating somehow but I doubt it, because they had great views in a decent ratio to their subscribers, and also fantastic amounts of content.

Then they disappeared overnight, and I think it was because instead of staying with videos about what Trump was actually doing, they made some vids about how there was proof he was abusing Melania etc. So Youtube must have acted.

Why do I mention this? Because it shows that if you jump on certain trends immediately AND don't get greedy and cut corners, you can probably carve out a nice slice of a niche relatively quickly with an eager audience.

If you're a Viner with a big audience and you move over, you're destined to be on the trending page. Doesn't matter how unfunny or cliche your content is, you'll make it big. And for bonus points, you could try to make a music video (but only if you have no musical talent, because that's what always ends up poppin' in the city of England.) :p
I second this.

For whatever stupid reason, Viners who make terrible vlogs but have an army of 10-13 year olds from all over the world behind them 100%

That is the million dollar question. The current algorithm really rewards imitation, that's for certain.

It's hard to tell, really. I can say what will always be on the Trending page, without fail, are things created by established media companies (like movie studios and television programs) and popular music.

Other than that, it's a crapshoot.

It's hard to tell, really. I can say what will always be on the Trending page, without fail, are things created by established media companies (like movie studios and television programs) and popular music.
That's something I've noticed, too. YouTube denies that they pay the site to be put on the trending page, but there's clearly something sketchy going on with that. There have been videos on trending that have only hit a couple thousand views. That makes no sense. No one's talking about that. It's not trending. And it seems that the Trending page is different in other countries, and America seems to have more media promotion. And with the case of Google recently being sued over allegedly using threats and promises of benefits to employees over labor unions, it's not unreasonable to think YouTube employees can't admit what goes on with Trending. I don't know. I think that page is a bit of a joke. Some of the videos are legitimately trending. Others... Not so much.

Back