What Social Media Sites Are You Using?

The Matt Diaries

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Apart from the popular ones like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat etc. Are there other outlets you guys use?

PuterizedYT

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Besides youtube, i use twitter, quora, other forums, but mostly instagram.

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
I heard that Instagram has 53 times more engagement than any other social media channel, and have to say that my experience has been that it is far easier to grow a following and get comments and likes than any other channel I use.

I use IG, Twitter, Linked'In and Facebook, although I have abandoned my Facebook page a little until I can figure out the best way to use it.

I may have also finally cracked the best way to use twitter - something that has been bugging me for a while. Every time I see or hear something curious or interesting that is in any way connected to yachts, yachting, or my youtube channel...I tweet about it. This has resulted in a reasonable growth, retweets, etc.

Each channel should be used for the purpose it was designed for. If you think you can use other social media platforms as a funnel to direct people to your YouTube channel you will probably be disappointed.

Ocean Chan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Instagram is the way to go.

I have used twitter, facebook and reddit as well, and hands down a lot of traffic moves from instagram to youtube.

Instagram is like a "preview" for a full youtube video, so if someone likes your pic or small video, they will go check out the full video on youtube.

Its like Insta and youtube go hand in hand.

The others are more text based social media, and its harder to get that movement.

Reddit still scares me. I like reading through reddit, and something as simple as a tennis subreddit is full of angry argumentative people. "good luck doing any sort of promo there".

Reactions: The Matt Diaries

The Matt Diaries

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've struggling to generate traffic from Instagram. I think I need to study it a bit more

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Boki

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
I use a lot of it: Twitter (poor engagement), Instagram (rather good), Facebook (so-so), Tumblr (okayish).
Question for YouTubers on Instagram - how do you exactly redirect followers to YouTube channel? Is it 'Link is in the profile' kind of thing or do you have something better? :)

Reactions: The Matt Diaries

MASE

I've Got It
Reaction score
I have an IG, Facebook, and Twitter. I love IG.