What should I use to promote the channel and how many videos are too many videos?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
So I have been trying to consider what else to use for promoting my YouTube gaming channel. Currently I use Twitter and Facebook, but I was wondering if things like Instagram and TikTok/ect should be considered and if so how to really make the best use out of them?

Also I really enjoy playing and uploading a lot of different games that come out, but I don't want to overload people with an amount of videos that could be equated to spam. I know a lot of YouTubers do 1 a/day but I also know a ton that do 5+ a/day and seem to keep their audience together. If I have a set schedule and have a lot of different games/shows I want to be uploading would 5 videos a/day really hurt my channel or as long as I keep up with the quality of the videos should it be fine?

Biscuit

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think that it depends on 3 factors. How much do you enjoy it, how long your videos are, and what time does most of your traffic come from
Making high quality content is the most important. And to do that, you need to enjoy making x videos per day. So don't go over your happiness limit
If your videos are 1 hour long and you upload every 2 hours, that means that not a lot of people would be seeing the full video. The two videos would start competing for views, which would be a negative for both videos. Your average watch percentage would plummet to an all-time low and they would be competing for views.
Finally, if most of your traffic in dry tests (Lets say you only upload once every 2 days) comes from a few hours AFTER the video uploads, 100% don't do a lot of videos per day.

Reactions: GamerKnoobPlays
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
I think that it depends on 3 factors. How much do you enjoy it, how long your videos are, and what time does most of your traffic come from
Making high quality content is the most important. And to do that, you need to enjoy making x videos per day. So don't go over your happiness limit
If your videos are 1 hour long and you upload every 2 hours, that means that not a lot of people would be seeing the full video. The two videos would start competing for views, which would be a negative for both videos. Your average watch percentage would plummet to an all-time low and they would be competing for views.
Finally, if most of your traffic in dry tests (Lets say you only upload once every 2 days) comes from a few hours AFTER the video uploads, 100% don't do a lot of videos per day.
Solid advice all around. I appreciate you taking the time to respond

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I don't remember where I read this, but people tested if daily uploading helped significantly in getting views and subscribers. Apparently, it doesn't do much more than uploading around 3 times a week. Once a week seems to be the minimum to not fall of the algorithm.
Uploading 5 times a day sounds super counter productive. Why? Because frankly people do not have the time to watch that many. Even if they are only 15 min long, that's still over an hour of content. So people will probably only watch one, if any.
Most videos need that first 24 hours to reach everyone. So if you upload to quickly, you are literally competing with yourself. Not to mention the burn out that you're inevitably building up. So, if you have the motivation, you could go daily, but anywhere between 1 and 5 uploads a week will do just fine.