What should I use for My Narrations?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
What software should I use, or would be best for my Creepypasta narrations? I am very curious, and I want to be at least somewhat professional about this, If you guys could help me out, I'd really apreciate it.

Krisfire

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Director
Audacity for audio. Plain and simple. I've used it for years, I tried switching to adobe audition but couldn't do it. So much is behind features that either most people wont use or under names no one would've thought of... plus its a monthly sub. Audacity is free, tons of documentation and plugins to help.

Are you using a dedicated mic? What about video editing software?

Biggest thing from what I saw from your channel trailer video is that the music was coming from (Correct me if I'm wrong) your computer, and that in it's self makes the video sound "Cheap" some advice from me would be download audacity and davinci resolve (Video editor) and use the multi track audio to overlay the music, itll help tons! plus audacity will help you with cleaning up your audio, super easy, just watch some tutorials and youre golden.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Do my newer uploads at least sound decent? Just wondering. (Also you were correct, the music was coming from my computer) Also just once again, thank you so much for your help.

Krisfire

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Director
Audio quality was about the same on my end, at least on the lightless city video. Nice story tho lol.

Viewer discretion is advised: I personally wouldn't do that. If they are looking for creepy pastas then they want that. If you still want that in there I would keep it text based, with the music underlaying it. I would personally only do those as trigger warnings for things like sexual assaults and graphic gore. But its been awhile since I've ready creepy pastas so I honestly dont know how common those subjects are.

Audio quality wise, your voice sounded good, I would work on presentation some but all around good. Some background noise that can be taken out with audacity and the music sounded cheap still. (Mostly because the mic was getting that along with your voice)

What kind of mic are you using? Whats your recording area like? those 2 are the key factors in uping your quality.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Thank you so much. I uploaded a new video narrated by one of the other narrators on this channel. I followed your advise and added the music in post. It still sounds somewhat bad but, it's a little better. :)

HiEnergy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
+1 for Audacity. I also routinely use Reaper for VO tasks as it can display the video while recording the audio when doing a VO after the footage has been shot. In my case it's for instructional screencasts.
Lately I've rarely used any VO whatsoever, though.
Reaper is not free but cheap for what it can do.