What should I do when there's a family emergency?

Talooka

Weirdo With a Beardo
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Other
I've been trying my best to keep up with my schedule of uploading a video every Wednesday. Last week there was a family emergency where my baby brothers were rushed to the hospital and my parents have been staying there the whole time, so I have to take care of the house and my other siblings, make sure they do their homework feed them, keep the house clean, etc.

I recorded a short video really quickly, but I don't like the way it came out and I don't have time to record another one. Should I just upload the crappy one even though I don't like it to stay consistent with he schedule or should I just wait until I have time to do a good one and update my audience?

Sidenote: I never announced that I would be uploading a video every week

Peyton

Reaction score
No, and if you're that concerned about your schedule, make a follow up video explaining why you didn't put out a video. people will understand

Reactions: Talooka

Jacob Alsobrook

Yes, I have pants. Do I wear them? No.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
The very minimum is posting on your channel, but you COULD make a video like Monday or something saying there wont be a new video till next Wednesday.

SaKenMadRaj

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
family first...

ish happens... you can always do a follow up vid... your subs will understand and support you

TwinTails

Got music?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Family always comes first. I don't recommend uploading videos you're not happy with. Just announce that you won't be able to upload and explain why. ;)

Talooka

Weirdo With a Beardo
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Other
Thanks for the input guys; love this community :biggrin:

Chef Kendra

Chef and Video Creator
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
All of the above. Family come first, always. How you can also have a couple of pre-made vids at the ready, to put up in a hurry just in case.