What should I do next (any suggestion is welcome) ?

justread

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Once again hello to everyone,

I found this forum today and I spend so much time reading on a lot of topics.

I want to start with my journey so fat at youtube. I started my channel April (my channel is for animated book summaries) and after one week I got a ban ! I watched a video where there was sub for sub but the problem was I posted so many comments in a single minute so I got reported and got banned :( This was fine I understand what was the problem and I start from the beginning. After uploading one video I hired someone to make SEO of my video... The problem was this man didn't know English well... The video didn't get any new views and I started searching for some answers I watched several videos and I made the SEO by myself :) Then I bought a course at one site of how to start youtube channel with a lot of general information. The course was 30+ hours long and I learned a lot from there.

Then I continue to create new videos and I'm trying to publish a video per week. I'm planing to start posting two videos per week but this may happen around the end of the year or the beginning of 2019 we will see.

I have a lot of struggles with this how to make my videos visible to everyone. I tried several ways, self posting at reddit and some other sites, didn't work... I tried with Promolta didn't work so well ( or I didn't give it more time), I tried sub for sub groups in facebook where this is a mess just real mess so many people on one cares about the other just sub, sub, sub please... Cmo'n this is a b..... Anyway I tried with adsense and I promote almost all of my videos there and worked fantastic to me I got a lot of watch time I have some videos that were converting like crazy, and this was for like 17$ which is pretty cheap if you ask me. And here I'm now I'm reading the forum there is a lot of information here but I have some questions.

So let's start with the questions.

1. Can anyone who have more experience than me and he/she has come the way that I'm going check my channel, watch some of my videos (this is not a trick where I'm searching for some watch time) and to give me some feedback of how my videos are doing. Probably you have not read some of the books I have in the channel so it would be interesting to see what will be your opinion about them. I have small number of views but almost all the videos had only likes which is perfect but still I want to see other opinions.

2. Can you check my channel in general, like thumbnails, video discriptions, channel structure, what are the things I'm missing and what are the things I must have but I don't have them (I know that I need to make a consultation a paid one and I will make it but I want to get the level up little more) and to share with me what I need to fix.

3. I'm planing to add at least one video per week, is this enough for a new channel like me. Right now I post my videos on some groups where I got some traffic and big part of my traffic is from SEO.

4. Could you share with me and the people who will be reading this post in the future how your channel was preforming at the beginning, how were you in the first 3,6,9,12 months and ect. I would love to read about your journey.

I know that I can't help you with youtube right now but I'm in the betting and the finance business, or personal development, so if anyone want to discuss something about these topics and I can help you with whatever I can I will do it without breaking any of the forum rules of course.

Thank you so much for taking time to read this post and help me go to the right direction.

Reactions: videoeditgr

Sammie

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
You make good content. You’re channel most likely is growing at the pase it is because of the type of channel it is. Educational. If your channel is based of audio books or books try uploading about books that are new and people are looking. Other then that it’s good content. Educational is just a hard field. Keep it up really good stuff

Reactions: justread

justread

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
You make good content. You’re channel most likely is growing at the pase it is because of the type of channel it is. Educational. If your channel is based of audio books or books try uploading about books that are new and people are looking. Other then that it’s good content. Educational is just a hard field. Keep it up really good stuff
Thanks for the kind words. Yes for future I will try to upload all the new books, but for start there are a lot of classic and timeless books I must have on my channel.

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
what are the things I must have
a good backup of all your videos just in case you got deleted again! hahaha! :p

interesting channel, interesting videos, so, keep it up!

Napoleon Hill name in channel's description is listed twice :)
Also, you might not want to "help to our views" but your "viewers" :D

justread

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
a good backup of all your videos just in case you got deleted again! hahaha! :p

interesting channel, interesting videos, so, keep it up!

Napoleon Hill name in channel's description is listed twice :)
Also, you might not want to "help to our views" but your "viewers" :D
Thanks for the feedback it means a lot. I have backup on all the videos, and I will make all the small grammar changes :)

Reactions: videoeditgr

Madiisuun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i definitely agree and think that the issue is just that your content is incredibly niche in a field that’s not necessarily as easy to compete in. i would say the average person going to youtube isn’t looking up book reviews. i do think that your content is good and worth watching, it’s just about figuring out how to tap into that educational niche.

i would recommend maybe looking for forums about reading or facebook groups and things of that nature, where people are looking for the content that you’re producing. join book groups and make your videos based on the books that they’re reading and share with them.

your niche is small but not impossible, and i think your content is great! you might just be looking in the wrong places to put yourself out there.

justread

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
i definitely agree and think that the issue is just that your content is incredibly niche in a field that’s not necessarily as easy to compete in. i would say the average person going to youtube isn’t looking up book reviews. i do think that your content is good and worth watching, it’s just about figuring out how to tap into that educational niche.

i would recommend maybe looking for forums about reading or facebook groups and things of that nature, where people are looking for the content that you’re producing. join book groups and make your videos based on the books that they’re reading and share with them.

your niche is small but not impossible, and i think your content is great! you might just be looking in the wrong places to put yourself out there.
This is actually very good idea, thanks for your honest opinion it means a lot for me.

Sammie

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
If you like to upload classic books then I think you should upload books that highschool students read like the great gastby and Macbeth that will get you a lot of views

JennyAndAlex

Reaction score
Like your channel!! The books you reviewed are right up our alley (in fact read a few of them). I think it actually comes down to what your goal is. Are you trying to get more people read these books (who normally won't read them)? If so, maybe a broader appeal, more engagement and personal touch would help. If your target audience is people who already read these books and this is helping them to be more efficient with their time so they can get the gist of the books without reading them, maybe review NEW books that comes out often so your video will come up when they search. Just a couple ideas.

We are very into personal development ourselves and part of the reasons why we wanted to start vlogging is to let people have a glimpse of how an 'alternative' life could be and maybe (just maybe) that could inspire people to give their dream a try. Please look into our channel, comment and give us feedback. We would LOVE to connect! Happy Holidays! :D