What should I call my subscribers??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariameow_meow

Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
My channel name Is Maria Meow and my channel is about DIY's, makeup, hair... any ideas on waht would be a good name to call my subscribers?

Reactions: Vicboss

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Im with Mark on this, I am struggling to consider people as fans let alone give them names but YouTube is pushing the term a lot and the viewers consider themselves fans these days so it is hard to avoid that kind of terminology on YouTube now. I think I think like that because of how fans can be perceived ie. screaming/crying for someone famous crazily because they love them so much to the point of obsessive lol

Mariameow_meow

Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Im with Mark on this, I am struggling to consider people as fans let alone give them names but YouTube is pushing the term a lot and the viewers consider themselves fans these days so it is hard to avoid that kind of terminology on YouTube now. I think I think like that because of how fans can be perceived ie. screaming/crying for someone famous crazily because they love them so much to the point of obsessive lol
I do not consider subscribers as fans, just wanted an opinion on this subject since some youtubers do call their subscribers a nickname...

Reactions: Michael

CaponDesign

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You should wait until you had 10k+ subs to even make this a thought. If you HAVE to call them by something make it generic like "Hey guys!?" or "whats up everybody?".

Ninja

Professional Funny Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
I can't stand when people give their viewers names. My Mom had the right to name me, nobody else.
*Slow clap* Stellar response.[DOUBLEPOST=1430835751,1430835664][/DOUBLEPOST]To be honest, if you can't come up with a name yourself, they don't need to be named. Sure it might seem to be cool to name your fanbase, but most people don't. If anything, they'll give themselves a name over time, given you become large enough for fans to converse with one another.

RichGuitarGamer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This is true - its best not to call them anything - Imagine me calling my subs guitarists? People would actually leave lol. There is a difference between people who support your channel and the obsessive "im your number one fan" nonsense - which actually happens alot (I have encountered this and I have a small channel)

But i feel you dont need to worry about this at all - people like you either way :D

Reactions: Mariameow_meow
Status
Not open for further replies.