What recording software do Youtubers use?

PleasurePadJack

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I am trying to record stuff on my webcam, but I notice some youtubers that the stop and start their videos if they mess up, I am wondering if anyone knew the best software I could use to make it easy so i'm not saving loads of clips?

GafferGames

YTTalk's Local Sloth
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
most screen recorders have a pause button, I know that Bandicam and DXtory do, however I don't think FRAPS does.

OzTalksHw

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Commentator, Reviewer
Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11.

Lol long ahh name.

OxterManHD

Somebody set up us the bomb
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well, theres Fraps, Dxtory, Bandicam, Camatasia screen capture and theres a few others but those are the main ways people record their screen! :D

PleasurePadJack

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks, but I mean like record myself not my screen, so I can use my webcam and pause and play when i'm ready :)

OxterManHD

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks, but I mean like record myself not my screen, so I can use my webcam and pause and play when i'm ready :)
Ok, I'm a bit confused. Are you looking to record what your webcam is showing, because then you would need a screen recording program. Or do you just want to record yourself with a normal camera and have your webcam running aswell?

PleasurePadJack

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah sorry if it doesn't make a lot of sense, I just want to record myself off of my webcam, but wanted to know what software will let me record myself and pause and play when I am ready to carry on.

OxterManHD

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah sorry if it doesn't make a lot of sense, I just want to record myself off of my webcam, but wanted to know what software will let me record myself and pause and play when I am ready to carry on.
Ah alright, unfortunately I can't help you there.

SamTochelliDesign

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Does your webcam come with software? I know my Logitech one came with recording software to only record off the webcam with the use of an external microphone if wanted.

PleasurePadJack

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah but it doesn't pause and play it only stop and starts which isn't the best :/