What program do you use to make intros, if you do?

NoChainzz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've heard that Cinema 4D is good, but I'm not sure that is simple enough. It seems very complicated. Just want to know how you guys would do it.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It all depends on how elaborate you need the intro to be, what sort of intro are you after? If its loads of special effects like special lighting effects, animation etc then Adobe After Effects if your best bet, if you would like something smart without those then Sony Vegas Pro can suffice.

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
you can purchase pluggins for vegas pro but in reality how much effects does one need for a youtube video. I like some of what I see but the videos that go with them often aren't long enough to go with them haha. "less is more" in these cases methinks. Cinema 4D is a 3D program where you can do just about anything however its also got a steep learning curve you can't just pick it up and start making 3D effects on a weekend haha. However if you want that kind of effect there is an opensourced cousin which you can get for free that is capable of doing what cinema 4D does and more called blender. If you are thinking of downloading an illegal hacked torrent there really is no need to. Between gimp and blender you can do anything that those other softwares do.

Reactions: Michael

NoChainzz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
you can purchase pluggins for vegas pro but in reality how much effects does one need for a youtube video. I like some of what I see but the videos that go with them often aren't long enough to go with them haha. "less is more" in these cases methinks. Cinema 4D is a 3D program where you can do just about anything however its also got a steep learning curve you can't just pick it up and start making 3D effects on a weekend haha. However if you want that kind of effect there is an opensourced cousin which you can get for free that is capable of doing what cinema 4D does and more called blender. If you are thinking of downloading an illegal hacked torrent there really is no need to. Between gimp and blender you can do anything that those other softwares do.
Right, I just like the idea and look of an intro before I start my videos. LOL. There's some people who will make them for you, but I dont wanna pay. I want some one to do it for me or learn how to myself. I'll check out Blender, thanks a lot.

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Right, I just like the idea and look of an intro before I start my videos. LOL. There's some people who will make them for you, but I dont wanna pay. I want some one to do it for me or learn how to myself. I'll check out Blender, thanks a lot.
haha okay

blender is pretty complicated but it can be used to create an entire cgi movie. Most people dont use it that way as its just a pain in the rear and has insanely long render times but you can create the basics of an intro if you have the will to learn . I use cinema 4d's cousin 3dsmax which has the same capabilities and is made by the same company but I use it for modelling. In my opinion a program like cinema 4D is well a huge waste of money just for youtube use. Its a full featured software for animation and creating 3D models and assets with an emphasis on cinematography. However the company that makes it holds a monopoly on this type of software and make 3 versions of it cinema 4d, maya and 3dsmax. They each have a slightely different focus but at their roots they all work on the same principle although maya is a stripped down version just for modelling. Anyhow blender does it all and when you get used to it you will wonder why people pay money for those others lol. The only reason I use 3dsmax is for being compatible with others I work with, but at the end of the day I tend to use blender a lot mainly so I can remember how to use it and teach others who dont have 4,000 dollars to drop on a piece of software for a hobby lol.

NoChainzz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
haha okay

blender is pretty complicated but it can be used to create an entire cgi movie. Most people dont use it that way as its just a pain in the rear and has insanely long render times but you can create the basics of an intro if you have the will to learn . I use cinema 4d's cousin 3dsmax which has the same capabilities and is made by the same company but I use it for modelling. In my opinion a program like cinema 4D is well a huge waste of money just for youtube use. Its a full featured software for animation and creating 3D models and assets with an emphasis on cinematography. However the company that makes it holds a monopoly on this type of software and make 3 versions of it cinema 4d, maya and 3dsmax. They each have a slightely different focus but at their roots they all work on the same principle although maya is a stripped down version just for modelling. Anyhow blender does it all and when you get used to it you will wonder why people pay money for those others lol. The only reason I use 3dsmax is for being compatible with others I work with, but at the end of the day I tend to use blender a lot mainly so I can remember how to use it and teach others who dont have 4,000 dollars to drop on a piece of software for a hobby lol.
Haha, yeah, I shouldn't buy it only for YouTube. I guess I'll have to go without an intro. lol. All of these programs seem so complicated for an amateur like me. lol

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
there are sites that offer intro's that you can put your name onto. Err they have templates set up and you give them the info and an intro is generated. I have seen a couple of these sites their stuff is pretty decent and rather flashy hehe so it probably would satisfy your needs. 3d intros of the type your thinking of that are custom are well expensive and time consuming to make. I dont have any of the urls but you can do a search on google you will find the sites. There is another option you can go find freely distributed cgi's that you can adapt that works as well and well its cheap :) . You just need to import them into your video editor and customize them with text and such.

FrillyRabbit

TiiX aka FrillyRabbit
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think most people use Cinema 4D but that's more for 3D intros. If you want a nice (non 3D) intro i'd say go for Adobe After Effects or Sony Vegas 11 Pro. I think you can put 3D models in After Effects so you can make 3D intros there to.