What program do you make your backgrounds in?

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This thread is to help people choose alternatives and see what others use to make their own backgrounds with. So what program do you use to make your backgrounds with and why do you use that program over the others?

For me I use Photoshop and I choose it over the other softwares because it just works, it is fairly easy to learn how to use and progress with and I find it enjoyable and easy to navigate/use.

Tence

I've Got It
Reaction score
I mainly use C4D and Photoshop. Im learning now how to make those shiny 4D backgrounds. :D

LEXAcide

Reaction score
quick question!

what measurements does a background need to be so that your image doesn't go behind your channel and only on the perimeter. How wide should the overall background be? how tall should the background be? how wide and tall should the empty space in the center be?

Edit: Disregard all that! I got the file in the sticky threads. =D

Reactions: Michael

TheDutch1K

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Photoshop is probably gonna be the only really popular answer, and I agree, it does anything you need it to, once you know how.
I'm also learning how to use C4D right now, to get those sexy 3D text effects.

Most people on youtube have professional designers do most of their stuff, I love doing everything myself. The only thing I ever let someone else do, was a background. I liked it at first, but after a while I got the itch to create one myself again. So now I'm only using a the 3D text he made me, and only in the RTC outro screen. Everything else is by me! (And soon I'll probably be doing the 3D text myself as well, lol.)

Reactions: Michael

LEXAcide

Reaction score
Photoshop is probably gonna be the only really popular answer, and I agree, it does anything you need it to, once you know how.
I'm also learning how to use C4D right now, to get those sexy 3D text effects.

Most people on youtube have professional designers do most of their stuff, I love doing everything myself. The only thing I ever let someone else do, was a background. I liked it at first, but after a while I got the itch to create one myself again. So now I'm only using a the 3D text he made me, and only in the RTC outro screen. Everything else is by me! (And soon I'll probably be doing the 3D text myself as well, lol.)
I feel the same way myself. Everything you see at all that is related to me, is made by me! the little artist inside. *sheds tear*

Krowwzz

^^ Cool Dude
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Adobe photoshop elements :D

Voice of Vanessa

Dimple-Smiles <3
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I use this program called Microsoft Picture It Premium 10. I guess i chose it over others because I've had this program even before I got my own laptop ..the program was initially installed on my desktop computer (i just stuck cd that came with computer into my laptop and badaboom!) ..and I used to mess around with it until i finally figured out how to use it very effectively. I tried downloading photoshop...but my poor lil laptop started to lag ...either cause of all the other crap I had on there (RPG games) or the program messed with my computer so I have just stuck to the program I named above. It's been very helpful to me and easy to use. :)

JostenVlogs

I Vlog Everday On Youtube
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I use Adobe Illustrator :cool: . Its pretty simple and easy to use for the style of background that I would want to have.