What percentage of your subs actually watch your videos?

OrbitGuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Morningfame says 9% from subs in the last 7 days, and calculating from my analytics says about 6% in the last 30 days and ~4% lifetime from subscribers over ~1.56 million views.

My watchtime from subs in the last 30 days rounds up to 9%. 7% lifetime so my subs generate a higher percentage of my watchtime than actual views.

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Morningfame says 9% from subs in the last 7 days, and calculating from my analytics says about 6% in the last 30 days and ~4% lifetime from subscribers over ~1.56 million views.

My watchtime from subs in the last 30 days rounds up to 9%.
Nice. So 91% to 94% of your views come from people who aren't subscribed. What about the percentage of your subs that watch your videos versus the subs that don't?

Last edited:

OrbitGuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Ah ok I didn't read the question carefully enough... how are people calculating that? From the last video I uploaded, 175 views from subscribers which is ~4% of 3900 but that probably includes people who viewed it multiple times? My most viewed Castle Crush video has 1,597 views from subscribers so that would be ~41%??? I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of those were multiple views from the same person though.

I guess I'll do sketchy math here, 61,292 lifetime subscriber views divided by the number of videos I've uploaded which is 253(not counting 2 private videos that didn't get stats so 251). That gets me ~244 subscriber views per video that I've uploaded on average. Maybe that's not very useful because some of my early videos had < 244 views lol. So 244/3900 gets us ~6% of my subscribers that watch each video on average but I think it's skewed because my older popular content drove FAR less sub views than my Castle Crush content has so it's skewing what my current rate probably is.

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Ah ok I didn't read the question carefully enough... how are people calculating that? From the last video I uploaded, 175 views from subscribers which is ~4% of 3900 but that probably includes people who viewed it multiple times? My most viewed Castle Crush video has 1,597 views from subscribers so that would be ~41%??? I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of those were multiple views from the same person though.

I guess I'll do sketchy math here, 61,292 lifetime subscriber views divided by the number of videos I've uploaded which is 253(not counting 2 private videos that didn't get stats so 251). That gets me ~244 subscriber views per video that I've uploaded on average. Maybe that's not very useful because some of my early videos had < 244 views lol. So 244/3900 gets us ~6% of my subscribers that watch each video on average but I think it's skewed because my older popular content drove FAR less sub views than my Castle Crush content has so it's skewing what my current rate probably is.
What I do is take a range where your subscriber count hasn't changed much, like the last 7 days or so. Take how many subscribers you gained during that time, cut it in half, and subtract it from your current subscriber count, just to find the average number of subs you had for that time. Take the number of views from subs for that range and divide it by the number of videos you put out during that time. Then divide that value by the sub number. And of course move the decimal place to the left twice to turn it into a percentage.

OrbitGuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Using that formula, I get about 424 views divided by 3875 subscribers which gives me 10.9% or ~11%. Would it be better if I just took only the views from videos uploaded during those 7 days?

If I just work with the sub views for those 4 videos, I get 194 views divided by 3875 subs which gives me ~5%.

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hmm, that's a good point. But that discounts people who subscribed recently, and then watched your old videos. But anyway, if I just take all the sub views from the 6 videos I uploaded (not counting one that was blocked immediately and got almost no views), then 19% of my subscribers watched my 6 newest videos. Some have more of the week than others to gain views, though, so it's weird when 1 video has 7 days worth of views compared to 1 that only has 1 day. We need an actual analytic that calculates this better.

Justine

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
From the YT Studio app, it says 35.2% of my views are from subscribers while 64.8% are from people who aren't subscribed to me.
Which tbh is weird to me because I don't get like a crazy amount of views so I thought that most of them were from people subscribed to me, which I guess isn't the case lol

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Well at the minute I have 9 subs (im like a guy with a sore tooth at the minute waiting for it to tip into 10) and my videos are averaging between 12 and 25 views a piece at the moment (and that number has been slowly growing further week on week) so realistically im getting more actual viewers than subscribers...which leaves me not really knowing how to feel...it would be nice to have a greater core audience watching but at the same time I appreciate the randomers equally :)

PVS

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger
It's always been low for me - around 5-7%. As of this month it kinda jumped to over 10%...
I feel that YT's algo is kinda messing up with my uploads not reaching out sub boxes. I know I am not the only one.