What other websites do you use to promote your videos?

JTAphotographs

Ask me anything. ANYTHING! o_O
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer, Designer, Cartoonist
Yeh, so post below any websites that you use - other forums (however, I suspect you all prefer YTtalk); social networking sites, websites, video sites etc....

Help the community here out by suggesting websites that people can promote their videos on!! :D

JTAphotographs

Reaction score
Channel Type
i use this one forum called yttalk and another one called yttalk.............:p
Oh yeah :) I know that one! It's supposed to have these two really cool guys 'Vic' and 'Joe' who are like uber popular ;)

Reactions: Vicboss

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use Facebook the most for promotion, it brings the most relevant people to whatever I am promoting on there, for example YTtalk, if I post an update on there, those who have liked the page will be reminded the forums are here and to come back and that sort of promotion is invaluable to someone who owns a website or someone who is promoting their videos, if you have a fan base and they like you over on Facebook, when they sign into it they will see your latest videos which they are normally interested in watching because they took their time to like your page.

Second to Facebook I use Twitter, I aint such a fan of Twitter but it can help bring in extra views although these are people who are already following usually or people who are already interested.

As for promoting to those who dont know about you/your channel I think sites like that younow.com is great for musicians because you're able to share your music live. Sites that are similar to younow but say for comedy I think would work very well especially if they pull in non-musicians to watch regularly.

One thing many dont even bother with is promoting themselves on YouTube itself, that's where almost all the viewers currently are and whether youre promoting yourself by commenting on peoples videos, doing video responses, networking with others, collaborating or getting that shoutout because you helped someone, you will almost always find people interested in your videos/content.

I think the most productive forums you could possibly promote on are those that are related to your niche, say you do computer hardware videos, then a computer forum is relevant, say you do Xbox modding, an Xbox modding forum is relevant and in your case JTA then a Photography forum would be most relevant. Thats where many of your potential viewers are.

If you are wanting to get your name out there on all the video upload sites then you could do just that, theres a site that allows you to share them to every last one of the more or less but it does charge you for using it, I forget its name now but that is something I think people here could be interested in, as we all know YouTube isnt the only place where you can post your videos to and isnt the only place your potential audience is.

JTAphotographs

Reaction score
Channel Type
Thanks Michael :) I see that took a lot of thought and time ;) great tips

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks Michael :) I see that took a lot of thought and time ;) great tips
Youre welcome, I will have a good look around and see if I can find that site that will allow you to share to almost every decent video site going each time you upload :)

Found this one, it isnt the site I wanted to mention but it seems they can do the same thing for you pretty cheap too:

http://heyspread.com/

This is from their Help page:

Hey!Spread allows to mass-distribute, promote and track video assets over the trendiest video platforms in one shot. So that, Video companies, video producers, and Marketing managers will save time, get more exposure for their content and have information about their audience with limpid statistics. Buzz made simple.