What makes your videos special/'quality content'?

FRANKIEandEMILY

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
The main thing is to KISS...keep it simple, stupid.

The "special" quality about our channel is the relationship my wife and I have. We showcase that in a variety of ways through pranks, challenges, and so on. Really we're just being ourselves and each video trying to take a topic and tell the best story we can.

Telling a great story is king...That's what people mean by "content is king." Figure out the story you're telling for any video and focus on that.

Ginganator87

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Gamer
I'm a gaming YouTuber (don't bother clicking on the link if doesn't work) and most of my viewers are my friends but what they all like the most about my videos is the editing. Good editing can work wonders. You can turn the most boring person in the world into a full blown comedian with good editing.

iamvroom

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Add value to the channels of people you watch the videos of. Comment, like and leave comments that will make them feel better, or worse, or more motivated. Quality doesn't mean anything if there is no positive change connected to it.

clairelouise

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I try to be real as possible leaving in as many blooper moments as i can and not alot of jump cuts :)

Ishay Frenkel

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
It's very hard these days to stand out as a tech youtuber, but I think what makes my channel special is the amount of research I'm putting into every video, because I can and do also regular reviews, although I think the videos of weird technology or something nobody knows about yet, is much more interesting.
There's another thing that has to be in order to stay in the game, and that's high quality, crisp videos, cool shots and good editing.

I'm a pretty new tech youtuber. I didn't' start really consistently posting videos until October/November of this year. I'm taking the rest of December to work on branding. I want my tech channel to significantly different from all of the others; therefore, I'm branding it as tech from the female perspective. Typically tech companies design with men in mind, and then color the item pink to sell to women when studies have shown that women are more likely to purchase 3 out of 4 tech gadgets than men. In fact, men only dominate tech purchases in the areas of televisions and gaming consoles. So in a nutshell, I want to do consumer electronics videos from the female perspective. In addition, I want to do tech tutorials.

So far I think that I have produced informative, quality content; however, I could be biased.:laugh2:
Wow that's actually a really cool niche, women are a great audience in youtube and taking tech reviews with the female perspective is a great unique idea.

Frithgar

Reaction score
So most subjects and most approaches to things have already been done on YouTube. Screaming into the mic and trolling friends is done on thousands of channels. Fail videos are done on thousands of channels. Cookery tips are done, sewing is done, etc etc, you get the idea.

Most of these channels are very small and seem to have the idea that if they copy someone else's formulae then their channel is also going to be successful. Generally, it won't be, although there are exceptions to the rule. What you really need is something unique, something different, that isn't done somewhere else. There are many nuances on similar themes on YouTube, and some of them work really well.

My own channel, I'm a gaming channel. I started out making minecraft videos just like so many thousands of others. I played with my wife instead of solo and the banter between us helped to attract an early audience, not great, just a small start. I played around with a few games before finally finding my niche, which is Farming Simulator videos. There aren't many channels that have real life farmers playing the game, which is giving me an edge and has seen be grow from 3k up to 17k in just a few short months. So I've found my niche, and my unique content :)

So, ladies and gentlemen, what's your unique content? What do you offer on your channel that no one else does? Why will people choose to subscribe to your channel, rather than the thousands of others? Of the 300 hours of footage uploaded to YouTube every MINUTE, what's special about yours?

SmartTheDumb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I'd guess that skinning pets alive would gather a lot of attention....

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
@Frithgar - Your thread has been merged with this existing thread in the strategu forum as it is the same subject. :)

Portajerzey

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think another good way can be you're personality, like friendly, funny and fun, that my attract viewers