What makes your videos special/'quality content'?

YouTubers United Podcast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
How do you make your videos special?

We are often told the advice that we should make quality content. If you watch a YouTube 'how to' video, step one is always: 'content is king. make quality content'.
On my main channel, extra research and storytelling is how I try to make my videos stand out.
You?

Last edited:

GeauxHARD

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm a pretty new tech youtuber. I didn't' start really consistently posting videos until October/November of this year. I'm taking the rest of December to work on branding. I want my tech channel to significantly different from all of the others; therefore, I'm branding it as tech from the female perspective. Typically tech companies design with men in mind, and then color the item pink to sell to women when studies have shown that women are more likely to purchase 3 out of 4 tech gadgets than men. In fact, men only dominate tech purchases in the areas of televisions and gaming consoles. So in a nutshell, I want to do consumer electronics videos from the female perspective. In addition, I want to do tech tutorials.

So far I think that I have produced informative, quality content; however, I could be biased.:laugh2:

jdSenpai

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I guess quality content means effort is visible and doesn't look like a sh!t show. I mean why upload a poorly made video expecting good criticism? I guess the only way you really know when your "content" is good, is when you can show your videos to friends and family without shame.

YouTubers United Podcast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm a pretty new tech youtuber. I didn't' start really consistently posting videos until October/November of this year. I'm taking the rest of December to work on branding. I want my tech channel to significantly different from all of the others; therefore, I'm branding it as tech from the female perspective. Typically tech companies design with men in mind, and then color the item pink to sell to women when studies have shown that women are more likely to purchase 3 out of 4 tech gadgets than men. In fact, men only dominate tech purchases in the areas of televisions and gaming consoles. So in a nutshell, I want to do consumer electronics videos from the female perspective. In addition, I want to do tech tutorials.

So far I think that I have produced informative, quality content; however, I could be biased.:laugh2:
Have you looked at your demographic information in analytics? What is your male/female ratio today?
Make a note of that data now so you can compare it once you've rebranded.
sounds like you have a vision. Good luck! :)

lazy vlogger

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I guess quality content means effort is visible and doesn't look like a sh!t show. I mean why upload a poorly made video expecting good criticism? I guess the only way you really know when your "content" is good, is when you can show your videos to friends and family without shame.
this is the realest thing ive ever read lmao. but no one should ever feel shame be proud of the video every one puts out stinkers once in a while. in the beginning the cringe can be real

Reactions: jdSenpai

LindseyB

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
]One my main channel, extra research and storytelling is how I try to make my videos stand out.
You?
It was interesting you said this because when I saw the title my first thought was storytelling. I think no matter the genre of video, telling a complete (or strategically suspenseful nearly complete) story is a true hallmark of quality content. I'm only two videos in so I can't say I'm doing that consistently yet, but it' definitely the goal!

ColbzVlogz

YouTube sensation
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I just do what I want where I want lol since I do vlogs. But I'm trying to find that niche so my channel can stand out from the rest of them out there, I feel mine does already in its own way though

Reaction score
Just starting out on the YouTube platform, so, i'd have to say improvement with each video would be my current definition of uploading quality content. As long as your viewers are seeing a consistent attempt at improvement with each video, i'd say your viewers will see the quality within your content.

Reactions: Boseen

Boseen

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just starting out on the YouTube platform, so, i'd have to say improvement with each video would be my current definition of uploading quality content. As long as your viewers are seeing a consistent attempt at improvement with each video, i'd say your viewers will see the quality within your content.
I find this very true. I'm still struggling to get things started so just reaching the milestone of consistent uploading is already something. But the fact that you improve a bit each time shows you learn by trial and error.

Reactions: Dennisthemenaceftw