What makes your content worth watching?

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
You know, I frequent these forums quite a lot and I find joy reading about all of the personalities and opinions shared across all topics.

From that, I see some people have a STRONG passion and opinion on being a YouTuber, and I see a lot of you working hard in creating as much content as possible as well as work on the little things like SEO, thumbnails, and so on.

But not often, if ever, have I heard anyone specifically share WHY their content is even worth watching in the first place. If you have a flashy thumbnail or pop up first in search words, what makes your content worthwhile to finish watching if I were to click it in the first place?

For me, I think my content is worth watching because, as far as I know, my content is the ONLY fitness content that is catered to all demographics in an entertaining and unique fashion. No one in the YouTube fitness space draws out their own content AND backs it up with solid amount of research. I provide an entertaining way to learn about fitness as well as not be intimidating or unappealing to any specific demographic. Practically 90% of the fitness space is filled with bros and girls flashing their bodies and speaking monotonously about a topic they only heard second-hand about from another bro that read about it in a magazine article. I do the heavy lifting, read the research directly, extrapolate all of the evidence, and instead of relying on my looks, I rely on integrity and good information to deliver good content.

Let's hear from some of you guys. What makes your content WORTH watching? And be real with yourself. If you cannot find a reason, then share ideas as to how you can make it worthwhile!

The BBQ Chef

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
With 570,000 subs you clearly have content worth watching, well done.
I feel that I create recipes that anyone can make from the beginner to the expert that people will want to eat. If nothing else that is something that everyone on the planet needs to do :)
Other than that it makes me happy to create the content and it gives me a buzz when people watch it and interact with it.

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Our videos are worth watching because they are well-executed and provide entertainment or information.. We are often told our videos are “the best” .. yet we still struggle against clowns posting krap videos that are nowhere near as well-made.. BUT we keep at it!

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
With 570,000 subs you clearly have content worth watching, well done.
I feel that I create recipes that anyone can make from the beginner to the expert that people will want to eat. If nothing else that is something that everyone on the planet needs to do :)
Other than that it makes me happy to create the content and it gives me a buzz when people watch it and interact with it.
That definitely can be well worth watching and I can see the quality of your work shaping out well in your content. Awesome!

Our videos are worth watching because they are well-executed and provide entertainment or information.. We are often told our videos are “the best” .. yet we still struggle against clowns posting krap videos that are nowhere near as well-made.. BUT we keep at it!
Awesome shots in your videos and quality edits. Definitely looks worthwhile for those interested in off-road content.

Reactions: CristyTango

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
On top of tight production the videos I produce often contain detailed research and translation. Whatever the topic of the video is, I tackle it with the mind set that it will be the “final” video. Meaning it’s covered so well, no one will be able to add anything or a make a video that is better than what I’ve done

alphadini

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I make sure my content provides cinematic visuals and also mainly my personality. The way I am attracts people to keep watching. Would love if you guys could give your thoughts on my recent video :)

Reactions: PictureFIT

iGM

That Scottish Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It depends really.
  • On my gaming channel, my content was worth watching because sometimes it was funny.
  • Sometimes it showed the best, most skilful plays I have made.
  • Some are edits that show of my editing skills in a montage.
  • Others are gameplays where people can contribute to the game and have their stake in the series (such as my old MC Skyblock series, where I took requests to build things in the game from subscribers and had a subscriber shout out wall in the game.

On my productions channel, my content is worth watching for a variety of reasons depending on what you like.
  • My IGM Fives series is an educational series that aims to bring you five facts that are either unknown or not commonly known on a subject, with the ultimate aim of entertainment and education.
  • My short films are their to bring people plot driven stories to follow and characters they will (hopefully) enjoy to watch, all contained within a 5 - 30 minute film.
  • My film analysis videos are there for people that enjoy TV shows and want to discover deeper meanings in them / discuss their own interpretations of the shows I cover. (right now, I only really do TWD). My film analysis videos are on there as I hope to shine a light on cinematic techniques used to give a feel or impression about a character or scene.
  • My film / TV show edits are there to tribute characters I enjoy in a way that people will also enjoy to watch. A kind of highlight for a character of a show, for example. Showing off their story arc on a show or film with (potentially) emotional impacts on the viewer.
  • My vlogs are there for people that want to know more about me as a creator (even though I have not posted a vlog in a long time - it is something I aim to continue).
  • I do have other, standalone videos that I have put up for utility or because I find them useful.

Those are the main reasons I believe people watch both my channels. Stats are below for those interested.

IGM Productions Stats:
280 Subscribers
217,139 Minutes Watch Time

IGM Gaming stats:
6,817 Subscribers
6,483,658 Minutes Watch Time

Reactions: PictureFIT

Ocean Chan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is a great question. I've seen a lot of people complain about low views on their videos/channels, but I'm sure a lot of them can't explain why a complete stranger would click on their video.

For me I am hoping to get people interested in my videos because I am trying to show something that hasnt been shown before. I have a freediving channel, amongst hundreds and hundreds of other channels and videos on youtube. There are many professional freedivers who also run youtube channels on the side, and their videos are impressive showcasing their skills and diving in places that are difficult.

I could never compete with that, in that my skills are not to that level, i'm not professional and I don't live in a place that is the best for doing the sport.
so I'm going for a difficult angle which is to scope out local marine life and film it whilst freediving. So the channel content is less about me as a diver and more about the places and wildlife that I encounter.

I try to have interesting thumbnails and titles, but its a hard niche which people aren't going to randomly look up unless they really are looking for that specific thing.

Personally one of my favourite videos which I have uploaded (and in my top 3 views - 800 views), is a dive I had with a cuttlefish. The title is "Freediving with the friendliest cuttlefish". The word freediving isn't going to bring my video high up on yt search engine, there are plenty of other videos with that keyword in it. The word "cuttlefish" brings up my video to top 5 on the yt search engine. But who is really going to search "cuttlefish" on youtube and anyone who does is more like to be looking for food recipes than for a dive video about them!

The thumbnail I used for that video is the same I used on my channel banner and even in my avatar for this forum!

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
I give my viewers access to a world that many dream of but few can afford. I take my viewers on board some of the world's most spectacular yachts, provide information in an entertaining manner, and show the yachts performing at sea.
Through my Vlogs I talk about the yachting industry in an open and honest way, keep my viewers updated about new models, and this year plan to take my viewers with me on my work days as I visit yacht builders, yacht designers, and discuss projects and plans with my colleagues.

I've just re-read my post....sounds like an awesome channel LOL!

CristyTango

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
Well, basically I'm the sexiest person that ever lived. I'm better than everyone, and I should have 20M subs by now. My uploading is super consistent (a year ago being the last time I uploaded. You're welcome.) I'm basically a celebrity in every right. I'm so good.
JUST KIDDING

This is honestly something that is really hard for me to do- to "sell" myself. I am not one to toot my own horn.

I just honestly want to make people laugh, I want to make people feel something. I also want to have fun and have fun with people. I want to cheer people up if they are feeling down and I want people to feel like they can approach me. I also want an outlet to express myself through. Have I accomplished that so far? Maybe a little bit, but I haven't uploaded for a whole year so I don't look too reliable, but I have reasons for that that I plan on going into and I think it will help some people when I do get into that.

Other than that, I have no clue. I don't get too much feedback, I mean I've gotten positive comments, but some people that are "supposed" to be important to me haven't bothered so it's discouraging so I continue thinking that I suck hard, and I doubt myself and all my ideas and it's a big thing. I get in my own way. It's a problem.