What makes you want subscribe to a channel?

Naybor

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I'm curious..what is it that makes you hit that subscribe button? Is it that they make you laugh? Is it that they're playing games you like? Or that you want to be notified when new content is up?

And of course I'm aware that it varies depending on the type of creator and the person watching, but just in general...what make you take that step from being a passive viewer to joining the community? :)

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I typically subscribe to people who make a mix of cool DIY videos, unboxing videos, and interesting vlogs. I try to stay away from reaction/challenge type channels. Yes they get a lot of views but they're fad channels and will eventually die out.... I hope. Kind of like parody songs that died out in 2009-10ish.

Reactions: Naybor

MutantCreeper36

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
what makes me subscribe to a channel is 1.gaming content and 2.most of their videos can make me have a good laugh

Reactions: Lekjih and Naybor

Naybor

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I typically subscribe to people who make a mix of cool DIY videos, unboxing videos, and interesting vlogs. I try to stay away from reaction/challenge type channels. Yes they get a lot of views but they're fad channels and will eventually die out.... I hope. Kind of like parody songs that died out in 2009-10ish.
I totally get cha on the challenge/reaction videos. They were fun in the beginning OR if a channel only does one every now and again (not going to lie I will probably do one at some point). But other than that it's too click bait-y for my liking XD[DOUBLEPOST=1489363648,1489363594][/DOUBLEPOST]
what makes me subscribe to a channel is 1.gaming content and 2.most of their videos can make me have a good laugh
Laughter is always key! Otherwise...what's the point, am I right?

Reactions: Brandon

Therealkojr

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I subscribe to a channel if i like the individual that creates the content. To me, a single video doesn't make a person. I normally subscribe to people i see myself watching every video of because the person making them is hilarious. I normally watch gaming content though.

Trophy Hunter

Reaction score
It's nice to laugh and have fun watching videos but there is more then can they make you laugh in fact what makes me subscribe is just how the video it's self and I usually watch the comments they post to see if they are a chilled laid back person if they are disrespectful to there community I wouldn't sub to them.

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I'm curious..what is it that makes you hit that subscribe button? Is it that they make you laugh? Is it that they're playing games you like? Or that you want to be notified when new content is up?

And of course I'm aware that it varies depending on the type of creator and the person watching, but just in general...what make you take that step from being a passive viewer to joining the community? :)
When I like a video they did and I see that they will likely post something similar in the future.

Lizzeelive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
A person's personality makes me subscribe

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I like originality and eccentric personalities. Whenever people are out there and not afraid to embarrass themselves. If the person can make a great meme, they get my sub.

Naybor

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Seems like most of us go for personality over content. Which makes sense! Why would you watch a video if you don't like the person in it regardless of what it's about!