What makes YOU subscribe to a channel?

Jacob Alsobrook

Yes, I have pants. Do I wear them? No.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I usually do if the channel looks "professional" enough. Thats probably not a good reason, but I find myself liking the content, then scrolling over to the channel page, and seeing no background and things like that turn me off. What kind of things do you look for in a channel?

TylorSkory

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
There's a lot of things, but number one for me is certainly the content. If I like the videos, and want to see more, then I'm going to subscribe. No questions asked. But I will admit, channels with bigger numbers, or who were referred to me by someone I really like, will also make me subscribe even if I don't always like their video (but chances are, if I don't like the videos, I'm just going to end up unsubscribing the next time I do a spring cleanup of my YouTube subscriptions).

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am quite fussy me, if I enjoy someone's video but dont bother watching any more I tend not to subscribe at all, if I see one video and then move onto the next and the next, that is when I subscribe usually. It must be content that I will enjoy regularly and want to see more of, stuff related to my hobbies tends to hook me the most.

jochem

where the fields are green and the air fresh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
things that make me subscribe to a channel are either very serious stuff, or very silly stuff.
i love it when a youtuber just grabs my attention and doesnt let it go until the video is over. i also want to have diffrent things than the avarage gamer, i want to see that you put work into it and also have a good time working on your channel. a example of some1 putting work in his channel is potatoorgy. and example of people not putting work in their channel are pretty much all of the creatures (they dont even have a intro!!). a thing that i dont like is not knowing when to stop, this is a problem i have with pewdiepie. he sometimes tries to be to funny and just keeps doing the same over and over and over and over again. and example, duting his letsplay of Lucius, he kept going on this little bike, and everytime singing: they see me rolling. that gets annoying after a while. he does clearly do stuff for his channel though, and compared to the creatures i find him a better youtuber now (i once though diffrently).

so for short:
having fun.
show some effort.
show some exitment.
stay yourself, dont over do your jokes.
having entertaining commentary (this doesnt mean funny, just entertaining, that can be a lot of things)

thats the things that make me subscribe to channels... and i even fail at acieving all of those things.

Bryant

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Vlogger, Comedian, Reviewer
I usually do if the channel looks "professional" enough. Thats probably not a good reason, but I find myself liking the content, then scrolling over to the channel page, and seeing no background and things like that turn me off. What kind of things do you look for in a channel?
I AM THE SAME WAY!

It's really superficial of me, but if the channel's background, logo, etc. are aesthetically pleasing, I am more drawn to it.

Wreckless Eating

YouTube Space LA Alumni
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I usually will subscribe if I find myself checking in on a regular basis to see if a new video is up. If I don't watch a channel's videos regularly, I might subscribe because I've done a collaboration with them or worked with them in some way.

Adelais

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
I like really unprofessional channels. Really like to find out how they will change over time. They also have a lot more personality embedded in them.

For big youtubers I usually don't subscribe straight away. I know where to find their videos later on anyway.
Over time I might find myself convinced to subscribe to them.

They must offer entrtainment and some useful information.

Benjamin

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
Youtubers with decent equipment and fun videos is a reason for me to subscribe. Nothing as bad as not hearing the commentary or hearing an aweful mic quality.

Danefrak

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
There's a lot of things, but number one for me is certainly the content. If I like the videos, and want to see more, then I'm going to subscribe. No questions asked. But I will admit, channels with bigger numbers, or who were referred to me by someone I really like, will also make me subscribe even if I don't always like their video (but chances are, if I don't like the videos, I'm just going to end up unsubscribing the next time I do a spring cleanup of my YouTube subscriptions).
lol, my avatar was made like urs

Danefrak

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Definitely comedy, whether its gaming or vlogs or skits or whatever...comedy...