What Makes You More Enthusiastic?

For me you can definitely tell the mood I was in while recording. It’s something I’m working on, but I’ve noticed it over and past few videos (some I’m super excited in tone. Others I’m just kind of monotone and not really smiling). So I’d say the biggest thing is not making a video when you’re in a bad mood. If that means recording it on another day or spending an hour before doing something that makes you happy (besides YouTube of course), than it may be totally worth it

I think this just comes with time. If your new your still at this awkward stage of talking essentially to a camera. Which to be fair is an inanimated object. But as time goes on you learn to be more yourself and honestly you should be able to see the evolution of the process which is a great motivator for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of my tips is to find your most popular video - the one with the most positive comments and views and watch it right before you film. This puts me in the “mood” and helps me get in character. Watch your best and most-viewed videos and think about what makes that video popular: volume level of your speech, timber and tempo of your speech pattern, enthusiasm level, etc. This really helps to “amp me up” and puts me in a positive mood for filming, and also gives me a reference point to make sure my personality remains constant across multiple videos. Some days we are less energetic than others. Watch of few of “your best” to put you in the right mood.

I use to upload gaming videos too. Even all the big youtubers struggle with this and some are open about it. If you're not feeling it, why don't you share that struggle in some creative way? In the long-term, it will make you more relatable to your audience.

i'd like to point out that some people (like me) find the typical excitable youtuber personality/voice really irritating and fake. it's ok to be calm! as long as you smile and don't have a flat voice, don't give yourself a hard time about it :)

i'd like to point out that some people (like me) find the typical excitable youtuber personality/voice really irritating and fake. it's ok to be calm! as long as you smile and don't have a flat voice, don't give yourself a hard time about it :)
THIS! Not everyone is Logan Paul (thank god) and not everyone should be. There’s room for all personalities on YT.

Back