What lighting kit would you recommend?

Zach Werre

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'm looking for a lighting kit between $100 to $200. I only need to light one subject. My biggest want is to get rid of shadows. Any suggestion you have would be great!

CristyTango

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
I'm not the most knowledgeable about anything lol but there are lightbox (softbox?) kits that are inexpensive, I've been thinking about getting some

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
It depends really on what you want to light, what room you have to work with, how often you want to use them, whether you can set them up and leave them or whether you going to need to pack them away regularly. all those factors will decide pretty much how much its going to cost. Though at minimum for a decent 2-3 light setup I think you'd be hard pressed to get anything for much less than £140

JayZippo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Back in the day I owned a studio and it took @2,000 dollars to properly setup my studio from lighting, backdrops, and space. My 1200W Alien Bee was 900.00!

Now fast forward to today, I bought this a month ago, Just used it in a shoot.

(I can't link the amazon page, sorry it wont let me. Look up "ESDDI Lighting Kit Adjustable Max Size 2.6Mx3M Background Support System 3 Color Backdrop Fabric Photo Studio Softbox Sets Continuous Umbrella Light Stand with Portable Bag"

The end result, it worked very well. (photo has been dumbed down but you get the idea)

PRO:
CHEAP. 150 for what you get is ridiculous.
4 lights is excellent, you can really mix and match and get the lighting your looking for.
Softboxes and umbrella's great to diffuse harsh shadows, or get the subject lighted well.
Everything organized in a bag.

CONS:
CHEAP. Its made cheap. If you take care of it, you should be fine but if you are rough and tumble, it could be an issue.
Its not powerful. In a high ceiling open area, you could have some issues getting the lighting you want or upping your ISO to compensate.
Cords are ridiculously short, I have 4 extension cords for the lights.

Overall for 150 its awesome. for shooting some simple videos, this is exactly what you need, plus there is a backdrop system with a green screen. Win Win.

Hope I helped!