What kind of content should I avoid altogether?

DeathJohnson

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
I never monetize my videos or otherwise try to make money out of them, so most of my videos are fine even if I do acknowledge using third-party content. The most that most claims do is put an ad on the video for their benefit, which I don't mind.

Some, however, will do more, so I kind of want to know what I should be avoiding as a video game playing channel. Star Wars is one thing I know to avoid for sure in the future, as several of the videos in my Star Wars Battlefront II series had the audio completely muted, not just the part of the video that had their content, but the audio of the entire video.

I'd like to know who to avoid to avoid things like this in the future.

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer

DeathJohnson

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Seeing how many companies specifically allow it almost makes me reconsider not monetizing my videos.

And on an obvious note, for games like Rocksmith it depends almost entirely on the songs shown. Most of the videos are completely fine, but my most recent one is blocked in a couple countries, one being the US.

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
The safest move is to edit out cutscenes and disable the ingame music before you start recording. Leave the other audio on, just disable the music specifically.

Essentially, ContentID can only match exact to exact. Since gameplay is different every time, it can essentially only match music and cutscenes. Combine that knowledge with the links given by Wolf and you're off to the races.