What Keeps you going?/ How important is a schedule.

Reaction score
I don't have a schedule yet, and That's part of the problem why I did not start earlier. Right now I try to keep myself committed by signing up for a collaboration. Constantly talking to a few friends to keep me motivated for it. Hopefully I can get a consistent schedule for myself through all of the chaos.
I definitely feel like friends could be a giant source of motivation towards keeping a consistent schedule. thanks for replying to the feed :D

Reaction score
I'm also a new creator on YT. I don't make a schedule yet TBH, I feel like that if I start pushing myself to invest a lot into it, while still learning everything, I might overwhelm myself and get burnt out. I think improving the way you do things should come during the "natural process" as you explore more and upload here and there. Get a feel for it first and then approach with a strategy. My few cents at least :)
Burning out early is definitely a concern of mine. Want to make sure i don't load too much onto my plate before i'm able to handle it. Thanks for your input :D[DOUBLEPOST=1482444537,1482444448][/DOUBLEPOST]
its extremely important. Not just for people watching to knwo you upload regularly, but to keep yourself disciplined and not slack off.
Laziness is always an issue with me. I'm currently working on a schedule to keep me disciplined. Thanks for replying to the thread :)

Reaction score
I usually record on Tuesdays, today i guess, and i have done this every week since august. I must say that this has helped me alot. And believe me, Minecraft is something you are not up for every day! However it is super duper important to have a regular and good schedule. try to make a system on what days fit the best for you, and also what time of day, possibly you could record one day, edit, render and upload on the next day? That's what i do at least!
Good luck!
Great ideas. An all out recording day then a couple of editing days is definitely something i'm considering as of now. Thanks for the tips :)

Reactions: TheMinecraftMaker

Mello Fello's

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
My channel being centered around gaming is a lot more demanding than I had first anticipated. So with that said I have tried a few ideas, some worked, other did not.

One thing that I noticed is that 1 video a day was a huuuuuuuuge commitment and it was putting me unwanted stress. I had to pile on that on top of all the other things I do out of the week......NO.

So now I am switching it to 3 times per week; Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Let me say this feels much better. And now it is much easier to stick to my self imposed schedule.

Point being to try out ideas and to not be scared by failure. Failure should be embraced because you are actually doing something instead of just sitting on your a**.

Be excited and motivation will never cease to exist.

Reactions: Dennisthemenaceftw
Reaction score
Well, something pushes me, some kind of inner force :D When cancer came in, something pushed me soo hard to workout, eat and live healthy and upload on Youtube. :)
Wow, i'm happy that you've been able to keep yourself healthy. Thanks for letting me know what drives you and i hope you continue living healthy :D[DOUBLEPOST=1482445164,1482445094][/DOUBLEPOST]
Don't be hard on yourself. Building a routine is actually pretty taxing. The stress of just trying to fit the time in can be enough to ruin your mood and make it impossible to create. Take your time, keep trying.
Thanks for the advice, I've run into the mood ruiner more than once already. Thanks for replying to the thread :D[DOUBLEPOST=1482445293][/DOUBLEPOST]
I get it done because I love doing it, I love making videos.

Regarding the uploading schedule bit, that's very important, consistency is one of the most things for a YouTuber, no matter what size their channel is. Weekly or twice a week is the perfect schedule if you ask me.
'

Thanks for the reply. i'm aiming for at least twice a week, but if i fine the workload is heavy i may reevaluate. Thanks for the tips :)[DOUBLEPOST=1482445561][/DOUBLEPOST]
My channel being centered around gaming is a lot more demanding than I had first anticipated. So with that said I have tried a few ideas, some worked, other did not.

One thing that I noticed is that 1 video a day was a huuuuuuuuge commitment and it was putting me unwanted stress. I had to pile on that on top of all the other things I do out of the week......NO.

So now I am switching it to 3 times per week; Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Let me say this feels much better. And now it is much easier to stick to my self imposed schedule.

Point being to try out ideas and to not be scared by failure. Failure should be embraced because you are actually doing something instead of just sitting on your a**.

Be excited and motivation will never cease to exist.
I initially wanted to go for the video a day routine since i am also uploading gaming content. I can already tell that it'll interfere with my regular schedule quite immensely. Next i'm going to attempt 2-3 vids a week and see how that works for me. As far as your advice for not being afraid of failure, i'm 100 percent with you. Who knows what the outcome of any decision can be if we're too afraid to attempt it in the first place? Thanks for the tips and keep up what you're doing :D

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Burning out early is definitely a concern of mine. Want to make sure i don't load too much onto my plate before i'm able to handle it. Thanks for your input :D[DOUBLEPOST=1482444537,1482444448][/DOUBLEPOST]
Laziness is always an issue with me. I'm currently working on a schedule to keep me disciplined. Thanks for replying to the thread :)
It doesnt have to be daily though. I do a schedule of one short video then another short 2 weeks later and a longer one 3 weeks after that. In time people will see your pattern

sheabutta

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't exactly have a "regular" schedule but, I have kind of pre-planed the videos that I want to do. I got a calendar and just wrote out some ideal dates and for the past 2 or 3 weeks I've been following it .. and it has done wonders for my overall consistency. So to me, a schedule is important but not necessarily an "every Tuesday and Saturday" type schedule.

FactsBud

Reaction score
The fact that when you push the export button on premiere pro and the final product comes out is what keeps me going.

Keyser Reveal

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I'm new also..literally 30 days in. I don't have a schedule yet either, but I try to upload at least 1 video a week. Sometimes it is hard looking at where you are compared to where you want to be, but the the thing that keeps me motivated is watching other successful youtubers in my niche. The other thing is the people. 1 positive comment really inspires me. Also I've always had the believe that I could accomplish anything..so my pride won't let stop lol. I think that you have to find something within yourself that inspires you. It's possible that others will stop inspiring me, but I'll never stop inspiring myself.

Much success to you

TheChillyPanda

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I get it done because I really enjoy creating animations/animatics

As for an upload schedule, in general it all depends on the type of content you create. I do animations/animatics and I try to stick to at least a video every two weeks but sometimes I'm able to release one every week.