What is your promotion routine?

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Okay so you just created an amazing video. Now what is your strategy for the first 48 hours? Which many know is the most important time for a new video to get high in the search rankings.

1. Post on Facebook Fan Page
2. Share that post on various Facebook groups
3. Consider uploading video natively to Facebook (cuz Facebook hates Youtube videos)
4. Post on YTTALK forum
5. Post on a lot of Google Plus communities
6. Post on other secret websites
7. Tweet on Twitter and Pin the Tweet
8. Retweet posted Tweet on my other account
9. Pin video on Pinterest
10. Promote on Instagram
11. Promote on Snapchat
12. Promote on other Forums
13. Promote on various Subreddits
14. Force some friends to watch it

Other places I might promote are on live streams like Balb.im and Periscope. Also, many of these steps I repeat several times for the next week. Sometimes I get videos that drop from the front page to the second page of searches after a few days (Youtube gives new videos a temporary boost), and so I continue promotion on them to try to bring them back to the front when that boost expires.

Reactions: Lifeofronnie

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
  1. Use buttons on video to post to Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest
  2. Upload image to Instagram and make post there
  3. Go to the various forums I'm on and upload in a new post
That's about it!

Delightfully Dumb

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I post it on my Facebook page and Tumblr and then I tweet the link. I've never ventured into Reddit (I still don't really know how to use Reddit). I just learned that you can post them here, so I did that last week and also change the link in my signature. I'll have to look into the Google+ communities. I've never done that.

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Okay so you just created an amazing video. Now what is your strategy for the first 48 hours? Which many know is the most important time for a new video to get high in the search rankings.

1. Post on Facebook Fan Page
2. Share that post on various Facebook groups
3. Consider uploading video natively to Facebook (cuz Facebook hates Youtube videos)
4. Post on YTTALK forum
5. Post on a lot of Google Plus communities
6. Post on other secret websites
7. Tweet on Twitter and Pin the Tweet
8. Retweet posted Tweet on my other account
9. Pin video on Pinterest
10. Promote on Instagram
11. Promote on Snapchat
12. Promote on other Forums
13. Promote on various Subreddits
14. Force some friends to watch it

Other places I might promote are on live streams like Balb.im and Periscope. Also, many of these steps I repeat several times for the next week. Sometimes I get videos that drop from the front page to the second page of searches after a few days (Youtube gives new videos a temporary boost), and so I continue promotion on them to try to bring them back to the front when that boost expires.
I do a lot of what you do, I haven't tried pinterest very much yet to see if I can figure out a strategy.

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sorry I can't reveal some of the websites I post on that gives me easy traffic, just cuz if too many others start doing it, I go out of business there.
Then why put the bullet your list?

That's like if Nasa made a list of all of the planets in order but when it got to Jupiter it just says "TOP SECRET INFORMATION"

what

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
1. Respond to comments and messages. Keep your active subscribers happy. They're going to keep coming back.
2. Share on Facebook. TIP: Post your actual video on Facebook since Facebook is more keen to give it exposure if it's a video on its site rather than an embedded video. You can always leave a CTA at the end for people to come watch your stuff on YouTube.
3. Post on Twitter. Pretty straightforward.
4. Post on Instagram. I post the thumbnail of the video on Instagram and direct followers back to my channel via profile link.
5. Be active on OTHER channels. Post funny and witty comments. Get yourself some exposure on larger channels. Make sure you aren't directly promoting. Talk about the video you're commenting on. If your comment gets upvoted, then more and more eyes will see your comments, increasing chances of people clicking your name and visiting your channel. Yes, you can self-promote via commenting, but at least contribute to the video at hand. Don't demand it and definitely don't just leave an irrelevant self-promoting comment. It'll get you nowhere.

Berks

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
1. Post to Twitter
2. Send a mass message to all my contacts on Skype
3. Advertise on Twitter
4. Post on various forums I go on
5. Go onto servers etc. and post the link in chat

That's really all I do since I don't have Facebook and I have Instagram but it's not a fan one its private

Winger94

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well they roads I use for promotion are especially my social media accounts so the FB page, twitter and g+ with the automatic tweet (with relevant hashtags) and sometimes tumblr. From time to time I choose 1 subreddit for LP videos and I try to submit there but I know that Reddit isn't an easy road for LP'ers so the results are not so good. Also I use YTtalk (and his results are actually not bad at all!) and one or 2 G+ communities.
But honestly I don't feel quite comfortable by putting the links everywhere because I don't want to force people to watch the videos and that can also lead to poor audience retention.
Promotion is always a mine field!