What is your opinion on youtubers bigger than you?

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
275 MILLION views and 460K subs?.... Welcome to being the official poster channel for every jealous Youtubers in this thread.

Seriously... I want to hate you so hard right now :p
Hahahha... but jokes aside, the last 16 months building the channel has been the hardest job in my life, and I spent a year in Kolkatta, India installing a GSM mobile network while the copper wires linking transmission sites were continuously stolen for scrap, and rats kept chewing through the fiber optic cables linking switching sites.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It depends on the person. If they are real, deserve to be at the top and don't let it get to their head it's cool. But I have unsubscribed plenty of YouTubers that once they got big turned into "look at me, I got 100K+ subscribers and I am the BEST". It is unfortunate that those people exist. They once seemed to appreciate everything, and put lots of effort in their content. And then they just go down the tubes and turn into entitled pricks that don't put any effort in their videos at all anymore.

SimplyExcel

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Dude when I see bigger YouTubers I envy them, I won't lie. Because inside, I wan tot be like them. I want to be able to post a video and it gets 2k views in 45 mins, I want the fan-base that love your channel for you. I'm a proud member of a few communities (Shady people, Nappy Nation, Samurai etc.) and I'm a part of those communities because the YouTuber that created them inspire me in one way or another. They make me want to be a better content creator, a better editor or a better person in general.

The only I will say is that yes I want to be in their position, but at the same time I would rather not be in their position xD. The stress they go through from some haters visibly puts a toll on them. Sometimes I feel bad for them for solely that reason.

wasabiroots

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Good for them. I wish my channel could get big as well.

Then looking around their channel, sometimes I understand why they got big, sometimes it looked like pure luck. So that's why I'll say this again: good for them. I wish my channel could get big as well.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Coz it doesn't seem impossible after seeing some of them bigger channels.

Larya

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi!

Well I don't get jealous because of their popularity, I mostly watch what I like without caring about how many subscribers they have. Also..from bigger ones I try to analyse what they do, and what got them so popular. I try to adapt everything i consider is good for my growth....of course..sometimes I'm left in wonder because there IS a lot of bad content out there with tons of views and stuff, and I can't help myself and ask 'why?" :D

But in the end, what is most important for me is that they are a source of inspiration!

Reactions: Alexander Hoff

RankdTV

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I see youtubers bigger than me as inspiration as well. A lot of the time, when I hit a road block when creating, I usually watch their videos for creative ideas and scripting ideas for hooks. :)

JesusGreen

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
As I've learned from personal experience that your growth is directly dependent on you and the effort you put into SEO etc. So I have a tremendous amount of respect for them - that doesn't just go for channels larger than me either, but any channel that has put a respectable amount of effort into getting their channel to start growing has my respect! It takes a fair bit of work :)

GeekyNet

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have a question. What is your opinion on youtubers bigger than you? For example, if you are like about 150-200, what is your opinion on people who have 10-15k, and people who have 100k+? Are you jealous, simpathetic, or glad you are not like them?

Being completely honest, I am sarcasticly/in awe jealous of youtubers with 10-25k subs. That is how many Id love to have because I wouldnt be crazy popular but would still have a small crowd. Please note I dont mean mad jealous I mean I look up to them jealous.

I feel bad for extremely popular youtubers because it must be hard to have a real life while having to constsntly post your life to the internet and have so many people depending on you.

Please be honest.
It's great, but at times it can feel like you're not appreciated. I have just under 8,000 subs and I have noticed that my subs (and those of other channels) don't always appreciate the hard work. I've found that people seem to be a lot nicer when you're a smaller channel. It's easier for someone to bash a bigger channel I guess... there's also more people, so there's a higher chance people will say something mean.

I'm not too jealous of the big YouTubers for my niche. I used to be, but I realized I simply don't have the time they do to make the videos and if I did I would probably be right up there with them.