What is your opinion on youtubers bigger than you?

King Christo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have a question. What is your opinion on youtubers bigger than you? For example, if you are like about 150-200, what is your opinion on people who have 10-15k, and people who have 100k+? Are you jealous, simpathetic, or glad you are not like them?

I feel bad for extremely popular youtubers because it must be hard to have a real life while having to constantly post your life to the internet and have so many people depending on you.

Please be honest.

Last edited:

CountingStars

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Being completely honest, I am jealous of youtubers with 10-25k subs. That is how many Id love to have because I wouldnt be crazy popular but would still have a small crowd.
I'm more in awe of people who can gain that many subscribers and in addition to that, having to deal with the hate comments here and there from trolls. You basically have to have a very thick skin to become a larger youtuber but it then again small youtubers struggle with getting acknowledged for the work that they put in even if they enjoy it, it takes hours and hours out of one's day to film and edit and upload.

I also think having a small crowd would be nice ~

Naybor

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Mostly I look to them for inspiration! One day that will be me ;)

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I don't really care about subscriber count whatsoever. I watch other YouTuber's solely for their content. Then again, I don't make videos for the sole reason of internet fame ;)

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I look up to them for inspiration. Great motivation for working hard on making better and better content. But the main reason why I look up to other YouTubers is their CONTENT. This is important, anyone with the finance to back it up can buy subscribers and views to make the channel look bigger than it really is.

UserU

Suspended
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have a question. What is your opinion on youtubers bigger than you? For example, if you are like about 150-200, what is your opinion on people who have 10-15k, and people who have 100k+? Are you jealous, simpathetic, or glad you are not like them?

Being completely honest, I am jealous of youtubers with 10-25k subs. That is how many Id love to have because I wouldnt be crazy popular but would still have a small crowd. Please note I dont mean mad jealous I mean I look up to them jealous.

I feel bad for extremely popular youtubers because it must be hard to have a real life while having to constsntly post your life to the internet and have so many people depending on you.

Please be honest.
We're on the same boat. Whenever I see them posting tens of videos but netting the ten K figures, I wonder damn, they're so lucky while the rest of us are working our asses off to grow at a slow pace.

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I watch a lot of other cooking channels because I love food and I love cooking. I tend to learn from other big channels mostly for editing tips. If I see a particular thing that I like in a video I'll use the idea to create something of my own. For instance I loved how Jamie Olivers channel had a sort of slide in logo effect telling what the recipe is on some videos. So I adapted that and I have a slide in bar that tells you what the recipe is. They also give me inspiration for dishes. Equally though I can spot in mistakes. Today I saw a recipe from a popular youtuber that had only 31000 views...why? ? Well the video had no description and no tags whatsoever! He could probably double his views and dominate the search for that recipe of he did.

Reactions: Alexander Hoff

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
It's a little deflating to see some other channel with 300k subs talk into their iPhone and get more views on 2 minutes of effort in one video than you have on your whole channel. That's for sure. It's also hard to imagine how it ever, I can match that level.

But on the other hand there are tons of channels that never get past 50 active subs so I'm grateful for what I have.

Reactions: Alexander Hoff

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
They found a secret I still don't know of sooo darn them loool but seriously I am happy for some of them if they actually put effort into their channels but if they make trash is like... how the hell?!