What is your Greatest Fear as a Creator on Youtube?

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Greatest fear?
How about a YouTube stalker, they find you, come to your house and kills you?
Maybe that's just on TV?
that's more along the lines of my fear as well. not so much worried about myself I take care of myself, but if someone were to show up when im away and my better half is home alone is my fear. that did happen once before not sure if it was related to youtube or not, but someone showed up at my house while I was away working went around beating on all the doors then trying to open all the doors before leaving only to come back an hour later and do the same thing again. seemed to be targeted twards me or my house as this guy did not go to any of the other houses in my area. my better half never confronted the guy to see what he wanted or was doing. we have worked on some drills if so if something like that were to happen again she would be more prepared. but doing youtube video's does put you more in the public eye than you would be otherwise so I think a higher chance of having an encounter with one of the less mentally balanced people in the world.

the success or failure of the channel is not so much a concern of mine, I started the channel with no real expectations so if the channel were to be shut down tomorrow I would just go on about my life not posting video's. I would have still learned a lot from having done it and that would be my positive take away.

Reactions: Steves World

GlobalDayz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
My biggest fear in not being accepted into the YPP again :help:

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think with youtube your private info can be avoided
There are a lot of ways people can figure it out. Especially for me because I own a business a lot of my info is public record threw my biusness listings some of witch require a valid physical address as well as my full name ECT and are public record I generally try to blur out my company name or not have it in the frame. And blur out plate numbers that are registered to my home address ECT. Basically if it comes down to it if someone is determined enough.

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have two fears, really.

1: is my channel being deleted for any reason not brought to my attention - no warning or anything.

2: Article 13.
Being an EU citizen, the threat of clamping down on videos that are not 100% purely owned by the creator - be that literally anything from video game footage, to screenshots/images, whether they are cited or not, monetized or otherwise, if anything in your video is not owned by you - you risk having your video taken down and potentially your channel removed as well.

What Article 13 suggests, at least from what I've seen (correct me if I'm wrong - I could be exaggerating and panicking over nothing) is: unless you are a person of talent, you're no good for that platform.

So unless you write your own original music, film your own original movie, create your own original video game and record said video game footage, sing your own original song, so on and so forth, and happen to be European, you don't qualify to be on YouTube
that's more along the lines of my fear as well. not so much worried about myself I take care of myself, but if someone were to show up when im away and my better half is home alone is my fear. that did happen once before not sure if it was related to youtube or not, but someone showed up at my house while I was away working went around beating on all the doors then trying to open all the doors before leaving only to come back an hour later and do the same thing again. seemed to be targeted twards me or my house as this guy did not go to any of the other houses in my area. my better half never confronted the guy to see what he wanted or was doing. we have worked on some drills if so if something like that were to happen again she would be more prepared. but doing youtube video's does put you more in the public eye than you would be otherwise so I think a higher chance of having an encounter with one of the less mentally balanced people in the world.

the success or failure of the channel is not so much a concern of mine, I started the channel with no real expectations so if the channel were to be shut down tomorrow I would just go on about my life not posting video's. I would have still learned a lot from having done it and that would be my positive take away.
I would assume you record in areas that can easily be recognized or you probably say were you live in your videos...Try to avoid all that

Playingwithpete

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
My biggest fear is also that the monetization requirements would get more strict right as i reach them lol

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I would assume you record in areas that can easily be recognized or you probably say were you live in your videos...Try to avoid all that
unless you record all your videos in a box. you would be surprised how crafty people can be. plus I also mentioned a number of other ways my info is probably a bit more accessible than others, basically if someone wants to figure it out they will. and for the most part I don't care if people know who I am I don't think its likely a phyco from YouTube will try to track me down I wouldn't care if normal people know who I am. but these days you just never know.

Reaction score
Over the years I've seen YouTube change the site, and the rules, so many times that even the expert content creators can't keep it straight anymore. I had three fears before I started my channel just this past March 29th.

1. Am I too late to get in on monetization while the getting was good?
2. Getting a copyright strike, especially with Article 13 now a reality.
3. Social media psychos who believe you and your family deserve to die a painful death because they don't know the difference between opinions and facts.

But, you know what? I'm over it. I have no fear of any kind anymore because YouTube has become monumentally ridiculous with the rules, changes, and mysterious reasons for anything they do. What pushed me over the edge from fear to 'forget it' was creating my new channel. From the moment I posted my first comment on someone else's channel (that I've been subscribed to for a long time under my old, personal channel that I don't upload videos on), my comments have not posted. Without having done a single thing but create my channel, my comments are going straight into everyone's SPAM filter. I'm being treated like a SPAMMER before ever posting a single comment.

Going to YouTube help is no help at all. Many people are having the same issue and the "experts" there are only saying that people need to make sure their comments are not spam. They're blaming us. I politely explained my story but no responses. No help. They don't care. So, I'm stuck with a new channel I can't use because I can't comment unless every channel I comment on happens to check their SPAM filter and mark it as NOT SPAM. The kicker? My very next comment on that channel still goes to their SPAM filter.

So, I have no fears anymore. Frustrations, yes. But no fears. Because whatever YouTube does to me at this point, I am quite sure there will be no reason for it and that no explanation will follow. They flat out don't care.