What is your Greatest Fear as a Creator on Youtube?

DIY Reid

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer
Those are good reasons to be afraid thanks for sharing...by the way check your channel link in your bio its not linked to your channel.
Thank you, I got it working now.

Reactions: Boris Qs

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Burnout is the event in which the individual becomes too stressed creatively or mentally, causing a complete stall in content production. Like hitting a wall.
Got it now ...I can understand that coming from someone like you with a channel of over 800k subs

Reactions: PictureFIT

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Got it now ...I can understand that coming from someone like you with a channel of over 800k subs
Personally would say I have it much easier than most. I'm in a good spot.

Those with millions of subs might feel obligated to produce content well beyond their means.

Those with very few subs might exhaust themselves thinking that all the work they put into their content was for nothing.

Both are horrible scenarios that lead to burnout.

Reactions: Boris Qs

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I second burnout. :S I experienced a bad case of burnout with my "real job," and it's awful... It really is a spiral downward of feeling hopeless, sick, and trapped. The only way I found out was to stop trying to find logic in literally every tiny stupid thing, and to take on a completely new point-of-view of "letting go of everything." And it can take years to recover from it... I'd rather have a channel terminated than go through a severe case of burnout again. :eek:

Devin

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
My biggest fear? Losing my entire channel.

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
holy man I can feel the pain. that must be tough!

My biggest fear would be...say I get a bit known in the dirtbike YT community (theres a few big ones out there with all the same followers) and I dont know get kind of mocked or something. Like oh look at this wanna-be biker ha ha! esp peeps I meet in person. There was a group of 4 guys out in trails who knew who I was in CO bc of my YT channel...was a bit awkward lol but was all good.

I dont think I have anything to worry about guidelines other than cussing when I fall or see some crazy trail..need to try to cut that out lol

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ive experianced this (Very recently) and I just switched focus to whole new niche/channel and have re-found the love.
'EVO' is still going strong with 178k subs/70million views but I havnt uploaded for a couple of months now. Maybe I will go back to it. In the mean time it still generated $1500 last month so cannot grumble

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The biggest fear for me is YouTube changing direction and not wanting our content any more. That could happen and the more bad press YT gets the tighter and tighter their control of what is published will become, eventually I think all videos will be pre-approved before going live depending on the niche of course. Their AI will "watch" the video and then if suitable it goes out. I know they do that with monetisation already but I bet monetisation is just the first step with their AI. It may be developed upon and used for far more.