What is your Greatest Fear as a Creator on Youtube?

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
After building a channel of over 8k subs and 1m views, My channel got suspended and later on deleted and I still don't know why?

Here is what happened...Within a period of week youtube send me warning notification about some of my videos violating community guidelines. The 3th warning came with a channel Termination.

Here is what they said and I Quote

"As you may know, our Community Guidelines describe which content we allow and what we don’t allow on YouTube. Your video "How to Add intro to YouTube Video 2018" was flagged for review. Upon review, we’ve determined that it violates our guidelines. We’ve removed it from YouTube and assigned a Community Guidelines strike to your account."

These were not necessarily new uploaded videos and actually I still don't know what I community guidelines I violated till date because appealing is like talking to a robot. A channel of over 8k subs over 1m views and a good load of organic engagement.

I just fill like an escape goat but I knew that too... since most of these platforms algorithm is rum by bots anything can happen.

Which is why it's important to get a website that you own and control.

That's one of the things that made me bounce back.

"No matter what, the very first piece of social media real estate I'd start with is a blog" by Chris Brogan

So here is the question again What is your Greatest Fear as a Creator on Youtube?

Last edited:

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Sorry if I change topic but you have a really interesting case. I remember your channel and watched some of your videos and I don't remember seeing anything weird... on the contrary, pretty much family friendly.

Did that video that get you striked was about using 3rd party apps with YouTube? Maybe YouTube didn't like that you needed to use a different program to add an intro inside YouTube (I'm sorry I don't exactly remember the video) What about the other ones? Did you have enemies? I'm serious, I learned from another channel that striking a channel is pretty easy if you know the process, maybe you were targeted!

Sadly,,, this happened before the changes in community guidelines that happened last week. Also, it is really sad that in order to be heard you pretty much need a strong fanbase that will defend you on Twitter so YouTube pays attention to your channel and see if it was a mistake.

And this is why kids... you always need to be nice to your fanbase. When this happens, they are pretty much your last resource to recover your channel if it was terminated by mistake.

[My biggest fear is killing my channel]

Reactions: AllVisuals4U

AllVisuals4U

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Designer, Other
Think what happened to you is the greatest fear of all creators. Hope you can recover your old channel someday! It makes me very curious about what the reason could be.

PhysicsFreak101

What a Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
My biggest fear is that one day I'll make a joke too offensive, and then get a ton of hate for it. For me, no joke is too offensive.

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
My biggest fear as a content creator is definitely losing my channel due to something similar in your case. Even though all my videos are backed up on a weekly basis it would take forever to reupload and gain back all of those views (etc) back to the channel itself. =\

I'm sorry to hear that your channel got terminated for reasons unknown. It's sad how Youtube can do that to someone.

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Did that video that get you striked was about using 3rd party apps with YouTube? Maybe YouTube didn't like that you needed to use a different program to add an intro inside YouTube (I'm sorry I don't exactly remember the video) What about the other ones?
[My biggest fear is killing my channel]
The only app youtube had for adding intro within their platform was the video editing tool which has long been taken down so I don't of any other app to use for that apart from a 3 party app.

Did you have enemies? I'm serious, I learned from another channel that striking a channel is pretty easy if you know the process, maybe you were targeted![My biggest fear is killing my channel]
Well, if had one, I didn't know but I sometimes think about that too

And this is why kids... you always need to be nice to your fanbase. When this happens, they are pretty much your last resource to recover your channel if it was terminated by mistake.
Very true but a fan base that will take an action will have to be very large too you know[DOUBLEPOST=1552026352,1552026243][/DOUBLEPOST]
My biggest fear is that one day I'll make a joke too offensive, and then get a ton of hate for it. For me, no joke is too offensive.
Well, with the atmosphere now on youtube , you have to be carefull[DOUBLEPOST=1552026568][/DOUBLEPOST]
My biggest fear as a content creator is definitely losing my channel due to something similar in your case. Even though all my videos are backed up on a weekly basis it would take forever to upload and gain back all of those views (etc) back to the channel itself. =\

I'm sorry to hear that your channel got terminated for reasons unknown. It's sad how Youtube can do that to someone.
Look backing up you videos is good but you will have to may be create another account and start from scratch....I still have all the videos I uploaded and I can still upload it to a new channel but for me that try is over...looking forward to a different niche...I just love haring the things I learn online[DOUBLEPOST=1552026622][/DOUBLEPOST]
????

DIY Reid

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer
I think my greatest fear is neglecting my marriage and family. I try my best to make sure I spend quality time with my wife and our 2 year old. My 2 year old takes a 2-3 hour nap each day on the weekend so I'm able to use that time to film. That being said, there are other things I should be taking care of while the kid is sleeping and not in the way so it makes it difficult. The good thing is this is considered a hobby for me. So if I decide to spend time on this while our 2 year old is awake my wife mostly understands and allows it. There are times when I get sent a product to review and I have to make deadlines, my wife understands those too. Either way, it's still a struggle and a fear of mine as I want to continue and the only way to grow is to be consistent.

Reactions: MrMizo

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think my greatest fear is neglecting my marriage and family. I try my best to make sure I spend quality time with my wife and our 2 year old. My 2 year old takes a 2-3 hour nap each day on the weekend so I'm able to use that time to film. That being said, there are other things I should be taking care of while the kid is sleeping and not in the way so it makes it difficult. The good thing is this is considered a hobby for me. So if I decide to spend time on this while our 2 year old is awake my wife mostly understands and allows it. There are times when I get sent a product to review and I have to make deadlines, my wife understands those too. Either way, it's still a struggle and a fear of mine as I want to continue and the only way to grow is to be consistent.
Those are good reasons to be afraid thanks for sharing...by the way check your channel link in your bio its not linked to your channel.