What is your Greatest Fear as a Creator on Youtube?

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Their AI will "watch" the video and then if suitable it goes out. I know they do that with monetisation already but I bet monetisation is just the first step with their AI. It may be developed upon and used for far more.
I wish they started with the AI ...that way they will not let one work hard for months and then just like that take all that time and energy away for nothing

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'd say my biggest fear is some internet phycopath will track down my personal information and show up at my house when I'm not around

MrMizo

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
After building a channel of over 8k subs and 1m views, My channel got suspended and later on deleted and I still don't know why?

Here is what happened...Within a period of week youtube send me warning notification about some of my videos violating community guidelines. The 3th warning came with a channel Termination.

Here is what they said and I Quote

"As you may know, our Community Guidelines describe which content we allow and what we don’t allow on YouTube. Your video "How to Add intro to YouTube Video 2018" was flagged for review. Upon review, we’ve determined that it violates our guidelines. We’ve removed it from YouTube and assigned a Community Guidelines strike to your account."

These were not necessarily new uploaded videos and actually I still don't know what I community guidelines I violated till date because appealing is like talking to a robot. A channel of over 8k subs over 1m views and a good load of organic engagement.

I just fill like an escape goat but I knew that too... since most of these platforms algorithm is rum by bots anything can happen.

Which is why it's important to get a website that you own and control.

That's one of the things that made me bounce back.

"No matter what, the very first piece of social media real estate I'd start with is a blog" by Chris Brogan

So here is the question again What is your Greatest Fear as a Creator on Youtube?
First of all, sorry to hear that this happened to you. All the effort to just promoting your channel isn't easy especially from the beginning. I hope your regain your following quickly!

This is definitely what I fear happens to me. I'll post something that's going to be against community guidelines in someway or if they change the rules. Definitely my fear

Reactions: Boris Qs

MCU Fanatics

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My biggest fear is exactly what happened to you. Reach good results but getting mashed like this. That's unbelievable...

HistoryU

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Biggest fear is YouTube increasing their monetization requirements to 100,000 subscribers are some other extremely high hurdle.

Krisfire

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Director
Biggest fear? For me its honestly Burnout, and I wont enjoy creating anymore. I work a full time job that has nothing to do with my channel but I do video work such as weddings, commercials and shortfilms on the side with youtube. Burning out in video means my video business goes down, as well as my channel so its definitely something I try to avoid lol.

I think something that helps me prevent burn out is I vary what I make. One week it can be a wedding, another its a product video and sometimes its a shortfilm. Since theres never a set pattern for half of my projects It keeps it varied enough to prevent burnout.

I'm really sorry about then channel man. Are you going to restart with a new channel? (I didnt see this asked but I might be blind lol.)

Reaction score
After building a channel of over 8k subs and 1m views, My channel got suspended and later on deleted and I still don't know why?

Here is what happened...Within a period of week youtube send me warning notification about some of my videos violating community guidelines. The 3th warning came with a channel Termination.

Here is what they said and I Quote

"As you may know, our Community Guidelines describe which content we allow and what we don’t allow on YouTube. Your video "How to Add intro to YouTube Video 2018" was flagged for review. Upon review, we’ve determined that it violates our guidelines. We’ve removed it from YouTube and assigned a Community Guidelines strike to your account."

These were not necessarily new uploaded videos and actually I still don't know what I community guidelines I violated till date because appealing is like talking to a robot. A channel of over 8k subs over 1m views and a good load of organic engagement.

I just fill like an escape goat but I knew that too... since most of these platforms algorithm is rum by bots anything can happen.

Which is why it's important to get a website that you own and control.

That's one of the things that made me bounce back.

"No matter what, the very first piece of social media real estate I'd start with is a blog" by Chris Brogan

So here is the question again What is your Greatest Fear as a Creator on Youtube?
That's bad, sorry to hear about you losing your channel. I would agree with you, getting my channel with any amount of growth suspended is not great. Thanks for sharing your post, it was an interesting post!

Gamer Bhoy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have two fears, really.

1: is my channel being deleted for any reason not brought to my attention - no warning or anything.

2: Article 13.
Being an EU citizen, the threat of clamping down on videos that are not 100% purely owned by the creator - be that literally anything from video game footage, to screenshots/images, whether they are cited or not, monetized or otherwise, if anything in your video is not owned by you - you risk having your video taken down and potentially your channel removed as well.

What Article 13 suggests, at least from what I've seen (correct me if I'm wrong - I could be exaggerating and panicking over nothing) is: unless you are a person of talent, you're no good for that platform.

So unless you write your own original music, film your own original movie, create your own original video game and record said video game footage, sing your own original song, so on and so forth, and happen to be European, you don't qualify to be on YouTube

Cabbitude

Reaction score
Website
www.cabbitudegaming.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm so sorry that happened to you, that's outrageous! :mad:

I think my greatest fear about my channel would be either losing my channel or being taken out of context somehow and vilified by one of those gaslighting channels that hate everyone and always try to stir up trouble. I talk about some left wing stuff on my saturday vlogs but it's to promote awareness and openmindedness. I want to help people and the idea that that could be twisted into something awful out of context and through the twisted lens of someone just trying to drum up their own views by hurting someone else is a big concern.

I used to be freaked out about being judged and trolled because of my weight or because I'm autistic, have chronic migraines, or identify as nonbinary (and I've had a couple trolls over the last year, don't get me wrong)... To the point that I started the channel without using a facecam or even my name. Buuuuut over the months I began to realize that just cut me off from my tiny but slowly growing community and decided to risk it. Turned out to be worth it, so far at least. :D So these days my only real fears are those mentioned above.

WildRandom

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I suppose just not being succesful at it in general. Im talking about all aspects of YT such as fun, engaging with viewers, not being able to inspire others, not growing, lack of engagement., im ok with few views, as long as i get 2 engage with the others, as i belive viewer engagement is one of the most important things wen it comes 2 YT. theres a few other things, but these r just some things that can concern me.