What is your favorite part and least favorite part about making videos?

JV Trammell

A Filmmaker/Vlogger attempting to make you laugh.
Reaction score
Hello everyone, what is your favorite part about making videos? Writing? Filming? Editing? Anything else?

I personally truly enjoy all of the steps, but it's so rewarding to actually see the finished product and be happy with it. So what do you like the most? What do you hate the most?

TheBossman

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter, Gamer, Reviewer
Mine has changed. It used to all be about the gameplay, but now I am really starting to enjoy editing and learning new tricks. I didn't really have to do much before and was quite scared of doing it. Least favourite part is rendering though, I have a very solid computer but it still takes way too long. I will be upgrading soon though to x99 architecture so that should drastically reduce it from what it is now.[DOUBLEPOST=1464302311,1464302048][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh and I got early access to a game and smashed the developers high score all over so I sit at top of the world (yeah it still counts if you are one of nine people who have played it in the world). That would have never happened if it wasn't for Youtube. How many people can honestly say they are number one in the world at something haha

Reactions: Redford1900

Lrulesok

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I love the editing and hate the thinking, cause it takes me ages to come up with something half decent. But I love the whole process really.

BeautyByCat

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I love filming. I dont know why but I could sit in front of the camera and film for hours and hours at a time.
But my least favorite part is editing because I get distracted SOO easily and it makes me loose motivation to edit.
Example-- I am suppose to be editing a video but instead im on the internet:giggle:

BeautyByCat

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm the exact opposite.

90% of the time I'm on this forum is because I failed to stay focused on editing.
I'm always on YouTube watching videos. I have been trying to edit this video for the past 4 hours now and I barely have 3 minutes edited (unfortunately its a longer video)

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
My favorite part winds up being what doesn't show up on camera. I crack up all the time when my partner and I come up with different things for all our characters to say. We improvise about 85% of all our videos, so it's always just a session of riffing on a theme, and we both make each other laugh, so it's lots of fun.

My least favorite part is rendering and encoding. My computer is going to blow up at some point, it gets so hot.

DaRealApollo

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I like to edit my videos. It's when I get to take a raw video that I thought "ew that wasn't to funny or entertaining" and transform it into something worth-while to watch. Experimenting with new effects is always fun for me too, so I try doing that as I edit.

Johnny_Seagull

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Comedian
Favorite parts; all creative aspects, from writing, shooting, editing etc.
Least favorite part; seeing miniscule returns (views, subs etc) on work I genuinely think is good.

ChrisLegend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For me I probably hate everything equally so in other words love it all too haha. It's all a struggle but the struggle is what makes it worthwhile and when I feel that I'm doing something that is difficult, that's when I feel as if I'm progressing :).

But if I had to square it on one best feeling, it would be the feeling of overcoming that intense force that wants to stop you from being productive. Just telling it to shut up and doing what you need to do anyway is awesome. Wish it would happen more often haha

Great thread idea man.