What is your average view duration??? Mine is 49 seconds... NOT good!!

Tropical365

I've Got It
Reaction score
I have about 30 videos uploaded thus far in my channel... most are around 10 minutes long and in the Analyitics it says my average view duration is only 49 seconds... what on earth! This cannot be good?? What's your average view duration etc? Thanks!

PS: I have one popular bird video which is about 2 minutes long and has gotten over 210,000+ views (and still getting thousands of views each day)... most people who watch that bird video watch it for less than one minute. MOST of my channel views are coming form that one bird video... could that be what is bringing my average view duration down? How can I see the average view duration for ALL videos that EXCLUDES this one popular bird video? My other videos are "what I eat in a day" vids etc.

Insane ikarus

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Gamer
Ok well I am not popular on the youtubes at all right now but my average view time is 7:25 and I only have about 20ish videos

Tropical365

I've Got It
Reaction score
Ok well I am not popular on the youtubes at all right now but my average view time is 7:25 and I only have about 20ish videos
I see. From what I read my average view duration of less than 50 seconds is really bad. The only reason I can think of it being so low is because of my one popular bird video? I wish I had made that video much shorter than 2 minutes but when I made it I had not idea it would become so popular! It's basically just a video of my bird singing during the first half of the video but the second part of the video is boring so people don't watch the entire vid. Is there anyway to see my average view duration for all vids EXCLUDING that one vid? Thanks

Insane ikarus

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Gamer
If you get the YouTube studio app on your can click on videos and find the analytics for each video.

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
I was on less than a minute for absolutely aaaaages and it fluctuated wildly between 20 seconds and 50 seconds...then in the last 2 months that numbers suddenly started to rise steadily and im currently riding at around 3:30 - 4 minutes...which; I suppose isnt too bad when my videos run between 5 and 10 minutes...

evoloz

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
For the past month im about 3:30 with a lifetime of about 2:45

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
It would depend on how long your videos are. I have a few only 2-4 minutes long but the 28day bag now is 4:02 lifetime is 3 something. I guess that takes into account everyone who clicks off after a second. Wish it didn’t

ThomasAA

Reaction score
My average view duration has been sitting around 1min 40sec. I have just restarted my channel within the last couple weeks with a more professional feel (at least in my view). The newer videos that I am focusing on are and will be typically 4-10min long.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Mine is about the same, m guessing that a few people are watching a few seconds of the video, just to comment "Great video my friend! Keep it up". Some might be well intended, but if you really like the video, you should see the whole video and mean the comment!