What is your average subscriber gain vs subscriber loss per month?

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
My sub count doesn't go up very quickly, I'd assume I lose almost as many as I gain in a month
Losing subs makes me a little sad, but not so much if its only 1 or 2, but if like... 15 people unsubbed all in one I'd be sad, for sure!
I'm more bothered by dislikes, to be honest.. They make me more sad and disheartened... I got a dislike on my latest video within minuets of it being uploaded... I'm not really sure why, so it makes me confused and sad LOL... damn

I personally unsubscribe from a channel if they haven't posted in a very long time (a few months) or their content has DRASTICALLY changed (unless I specifically subbed for their personality, regardless of their content)

Reactions: HaiKaiKan

Adam Couser

Reaction score
Ive gained 65 subs in the past 28 days, haven't lost a subscriber yet! channel is growing so quick, i'm over the moon :D

Of course it would bother me losing a sub as I would feel my content isn't entertaining enough!

AllofTheAbove

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer
1. How many subs do you lose vs gain per month?

When I'm actually making videos (I've had a couple hiatuses) I typically gain 2 every...few months? If even? I just review stuff so I'm not expecting a lot of subs to begin with.

2. Does losing a sub bother you?

A little, but only if it happens when I'm actively publishing videos.

3. Why do you unsubscribe from a channel? When they start shaming viewers into donating or haven't uploaded in over a year.

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
last 28 days I gained 5,516 and lost 898. I always loose a lot since they sub then dont see a vid for a week and assume im dead.

SephiZack

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm fairly new so it's difficult for me to give monthly averages, but

1. Up until 3 weeks ago, I was getting losing around 1 subscriber per 10 subscribers gained. BUT at that time I had a huge surge in subscribers (5k) because I was playing a trending game. I could have kept making videos for that game and keep growing to 10k+, but I had zero intention of playing a game more than I would normally as what's most important before Subs/Views is my enjoyment of what I am doing. I played other games and my subs/views growth tanked.

Now each day I roughly gain 20-30 subscribers and lose 6-10 subs, but I knew that would happen so

2. No, losing subscribers doesn't bother me one bit. I am having fun playing the games I want to play I would do it whether people want to watch it or not. Ironically other people (Channel Discord, Acquaintances, etc...) are more worried about my growth than I am. I am often told "what I have to do" but honestly my answer is always "I just want to have fun, play games and enjoy what I do while sharing with other people. If I didn't have fun doing it, I wouldn't do it and playing the same things for months is not fun for me"

3. Not interested in a channel anymore? Unsubscribe. I don't blame other people for unsubscribing to my channel if they are not interested in my content and at the same time I will unsubscribe from someone if their content doesn't interest me anymore

Reactions: HaiKaiKan

LizetteGaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It's been ~12 new subs a month since I started, and losing one or two. It bothered me the first time it happened ("what did I do wrong? Why do you hate me?!") but it seems a bit silly now, especially since I update my own subs all the time.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
last 28 days I gained 5,516 and lost 898. I always loose a lot since they sub then dont see a vid for a week and assume im dead.
And yet you still got the silver button!

I don't get it when channels have 1000 subs and each video has 50 views however. I mean what's up with that?

Reactions: Lightsen

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
And yet you still got the silver button!

I don't get it when channels have 1000 subs and each video has 50 views however. I mean what's up with that?
I would guess they do a lot of different topics, and so the viewers are split into small groups?

CrystalD

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
1. How many subs do you lose vs gain per month?
I gain 8-9 a month and don't lose any. Wehn I do it's usually just liek 1 person but That's only happened maybe once or twice
2. Does losing a sub bother you?
Nah not really. If they don't like my content anymore then they don't liek it anymore, nothing you can do about that.
3. Why do you personally unsubscribe from a channel?
If I see they've posted a video and I go "Who was this again?" I unsub because I'm not that engaged in their content. Other times it's because all of their content is sameish, or they're content has started to disinterest or bother me.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It really varies a lot. I just got a video featured on a bigger channel and that brought me about 60 subscribers over night. But again it varies a lot. I think I get somewhere between 120-200 subs on a regular month, and NO losing subs dont bother me at all:) I am still in the proces of finding out where my channel should go so I obvioisly create some videos some people dont like like but as long as I gain subscribers every month Im fine:)